Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Old 04-30-20, 11:11 AM
SethAZ 

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R260, 2005 Diamondback 29er, 2003 Trek 2300

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 182 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Be sure to register and upload to UpRide when you catch some asshattery on camera.
Wow, so I just went and looked at some of those. Makes me almost not want to go ride anymore. Success will be if I never have any video interesting enough to upload there. :-)

I'm just wondering if the assclown who coal-rolled me several weeks back will do it again. The area I was riding through is 100% residential, so he probably lives nearby, so there's a pretty good chance we'll pass each other again. If he does it, and I'm able to make out a license plate in all that smoke as he passes, that's going straight to the sheriff's office first, then maybe UpRide.
Likes For SethAZ:
Old 04-30-20, 11:37 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20791 Post(s)
Liked 9,436 Times in 4,663 Posts
Originally Posted by SethAZ
Wow, so I just went and looked at some of those. Makes me almost not want to go ride anymore. Success will be if I never have any video interesting enough to upload there. :-)

I'm just wondering if the assclown who coal-rolled me several weeks back will do it again. The area I was riding through is 100% residential, so he probably lives nearby, so there's a pretty good chance we'll pass each other again. If he does it, and I'm able to make out a license plate in all that smoke as he passes, that's going straight to the sheriff's office first, then maybe UpRide.
I've been riding with my Fly12 for a little less than two months. So far, I've uploaded one punishment pass.

In the short term, I've found that I'm able to keep my temper in check a little better - knowing that I have evidence and can do something is better than the usual, frustrating helplessness and means I'm less likely to seek ulock justice or similar. In the long term, I look forward to the time when, "uh oh - that cyclist might have a camera..." enters the consciousness if the average driver and they stop thinking that there's no repercussions.
Likes For WhyFi:
Old 04-30-20, 12:03 PM
lhill 

Bikes: ‘90ish Peugeot Triathlon and Specialized Alibi Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts
I just received a Mirrcycle road bike mirror yesterday, I have Microshift levers but was able to hang the mirror. Went for a short ride to adjust it and it’s going to be great to have.

Likes For lhill:
Old 04-30-20, 12:16 PM
SethAZ 

Originally Posted by WhyFi
I've been riding with my Fly12 for a little less than two months. So far, I've uploaded one punishment pass.

In the short term, I've found that I'm able to keep my temper in check a little better - knowing that I have evidence and can do something is better than the usual, frustrating helplessness and means I'm less likely to seek ulock justice or similar. In the long term, I look forward to the time when, "uh oh - that cyclist might have a camera..." enters the consciousness if the average driver and they stop thinking that there's no repercussions.
I hear ya. I've been pretty fortunate over time. I've had some very close passes that appeared to be more due to inattention than malice, and a few folks shouting and hooting at me or honking their horn as they passed just to be jackasses, but the coal roll was the only deliberate, more-than-vocal hostile act I can recall in recent years. Still, it's nice to know I'll have it on tape if/when it does occur. And when I start doing group rides again it'll be nice having a camera in case someone goes down and it would help to have a recording of it. I'll need to pick up the Fly 6 rear camera too. We've had people go down hard on at least two or three group rides that I can recall. On a huge century ride I did several years ago (several thousand riders) a guy went down hard who was right behind me when it happened. I turned to see what happened but I couldn't stop just then, and saw several others stop to help him, so I kept going. That would have been good to get on tape, especially if it might have helped him with any insurance or other issues.
Old 04-30-20, 12:31 PM
rogerm3d

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by lhill
I just received a Mirrcycle road bike mirror yesterday, I have Microshift levers but was able to hang the mirror. Went for a short ride to adjust it and it’s going to be great to have.
that is a good method for mirror mounting, much better than at the end of the bars. If it's going to be permanent you could poke a hole through your hood and make it purpose built.
I just ordered a new seatpost (I like my nuovo record seatpost, but hate adjusting it with modern seats), and also a carbon seat because I'm curious if it will be any good compared my good ole trusty leather saddles.

Kalloy SP248

Prime Primavera Carbon Saddle
Old 04-30-20, 02:18 PM
slowgo

Bikes: Cervélo R3, Specialized Tarmac, Raleigh Redux

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 25 Posts
Sidi Ergo 5 Giro D’Italia

Old 04-30-20, 03:48 PM
sfrider 
Asleep at the bars

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 135 Posts
A Castelli Aero Race 6.0 jersey. For hot weather and trainer riding.

Old 05-02-20, 03:46 PM
bung

Bikes: Trek Emonda SL5, Trek Fuel EX7, Specialized Roubaix Elite

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 10 Posts
I just ordered a Cyckit Aeroclam P1 from Amazon. I got rid of my seat bag and decided to carry everything in my jersey pockets. I got sick of that today so I ordered the P1 which is a hard shell and fits very tightly to the saddle.

Likes For bung:
Old 05-02-20, 05:32 PM
ririder

Bikes: Giant Defy Advanced 2, Giant Talon , Specialized Sequoia, Fuji Crosstown

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 32 Posts
I just got some Continental GP 5000 tubeless tires. I mounted them this morning. I was very concerned about doing it since there seems to be a fair percentage of people that have a hard time mounting tubeless tires. I got lucky with both tires I guess. I'll give them a test tomorrow morning.
Likes For ririder:
Old 05-02-20, 05:50 PM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 4728 Post(s)
Liked 1,530 Times in 1,001 Posts
Originally Posted by bung
I just ordered a Cyckit Aeroclam P1 from Amazon. I got rid of my seat bag and decided to carry everything in my jersey pockets. I got sick of that today so I ordered the P1 which is a hard shell and fits very tightly to the saddle.

What a weird saddle that bag appears to rely on.. no saddle rail behind the seatpost clamp?
Likes For Sy Reene:
Old 05-13-20, 06:31 PM
NoWhammies

Bikes: Argon 18 Gallium, BH G7, Rocky Mountain Instinct C70

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 512 Times in 306 Posts

Filzer Quick Blaster Tubeless Floor Pump

Filzer Quick Blaster Tubeless Floor Pump. Haven't had a chance to give the pump a try on a tubeless setup yet.

Also

Old 05-13-20, 06:40 PM
GeneO 

Bikes: 2018 Roubaix Expert Di2, 2016 Diverge Expert X1

Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 105 Posts
L&M for night nighttime path riding.
Old 05-13-20, 06:58 PM
WorldIRC
Canadian eh?

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 54 Posts
Polar Breakaway bottles
Ultegra 11-32T Cassette
Ultegra Chain
Old 05-13-20, 08:19 PM
bung

Bikes: Trek Emonda SL5, Trek Fuel EX7, Specialized Roubaix Elite

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 10 Posts
Just recently bought a Bontrager Flash Charger minus the pump. It’s about time to refresh sealant. To help with that I also bought a Kool Stop Tire Bead Jack.

I also bought a Bontrager Velocis helmet. Very nice! I’ve been putting a hurting on my CC.

Two more fabric cageless bottles.
Old 05-13-20, 09:29 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10943 Post(s)
Liked 7,469 Times in 4,179 Posts
Originally Posted by NoWhammies

Filzer Quick Blaster Tubeless Floor Pump

Filzer Quick Blaster Tubeless Floor Pump. Haven't had a chance to give the pump a try on a tubeless setup yet.

haven't heard of this brand. Quick looks shows its only available in Canadaville.
I bought a Topeak Joe Blow Booster since I needed a new pump and was converting my gravel bike to tubeless.

I love the 2 chamber setup. It's a normal pump for 99% of my use, but the air chamber is really nice to have. I dont have to deal with the common frustration of seating the tires.
Old 05-14-20, 09:01 AM
noodle soup

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4717 Post(s)
Liked 1,882 Times in 998 Posts
Originally Posted by bung
It's cheaper when ordered direct, and they are also available in white or white/black combinations.
Old 05-14-20, 08:30 PM
sfrider 
Asleep at the bars

NBD!!! Ordered a blue-white Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Disc. I figured this is plenty of bike for me, no need to go overboard.

It was time to get something I can keep more aggressively set up than my C3, for shorter rides, block intervals, hill sprints, that sort of thing. Most immediately, it's going on the trainer, and I'm really looking forward to getting Di2 there.

Likes For sfrider:
Old 05-14-20, 09:49 PM
phtomita

Bikes: '86 Nishiki Tri-A, '84 Centurion PT15, '03 Litespeed Firenze

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 179 Times in 111 Posts
Old 05-14-20, 09:49 PM
SethAZ 

This week I got a 46t Ultegra large chainring and the little bolt covers for it and swapped it in for my 50t chainring. The 46t chainring is awesome for my riding, shifting me to the right one cog and effectively giving me one lower gear before I have to shift the FD. On my flat rides that means I no longer have to shift the FD at all even when starting from a stop. I've got two rides with the 46t so far, and I'm really liking it.

I also bought and installed a pair of Dura Ace jockey wheels that use ball bearings to replace the Ultegra jockey wheels that use bushings. It might make a small difference, maybe a watt or so, that I will certainly never notice, but I like the idea of ball bearings better than bushings, and was in the mood to upgrade, and they were cheap, so I did it.

I recently received a Chinese-made carbon handlebar. I haven't installed it yet. I'm waiting for some 350mm Di2 cables to arrive to replace the 300mm cables that are too short for my handlebars. Once they arrive I'll swap over to the carbon handlebar and see how I like it. Hopefully it's safe.

To top things off, Fedex will be dropping off a White Industries CLD front hub in red color, 28 spokes tomorrow, along with 14 CX-Rays plus a couple spares coming for the non-rotor side, and 14 CX-Sprint plus a couple spares coming for the rotor side, plus some black Sapim polyax nipples. All I'll be waiting on after tomorrow is for the Light-Bicycle WR50 rim to show up and I'll build myself a new AeroClyde 2.0 front wheel. I don't need it, but the Corona isolation and whatnot has me in the mood to work on my bike, and I really wanted to try out that WR50 rim, so this is happening. Tis the season I guess.
Old 05-15-20, 06:28 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Quoted: 4728 Post(s)
Liked 1,530 Times in 1,001 Posts
Originally Posted by sfrider
NBD!!! Ordered a blue-white Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Disc. I figured this is plenty of bike for me, no need to go overboard.
Most immediately, it's going on the trainer, and I'm really looking forward to getting Di2 there.
Be wary.. may potentially void warranty putting on a trainer. Is your axle the only part clamped, or is part of the frame being clamped?

https://www.canyon.com/en-us/support...o-trainer.html
Old 05-15-20, 07:39 AM
Don23

Bikes: 2019 Bianchi Oltre XR3 Disc DI2; 1975 Bianchi IDK what

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts
Added a mountain bike! And a new road jersey and gloves inbound...

Likes For Don23:
Old 05-15-20, 10:31 AM
botty kayer

Bikes: Yes, probably too many but still have a roving eye...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked 2,782 Times in 531 Posts
A lovely retro Reynolds 753 jersey arrived today.

And I'd just been adding a bit of polish to some recently purchased 3TTT stem and bars, and a load of Campag swag for my next project. I now have a tortuous 4 week wait for the frame this is all going on to arrive. Just got a few more bits to acquire, but very excited.

Likes For botty kayer:
Old 05-15-20, 10:38 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1626 Post(s)
Liked 3,112 Times in 1,682 Posts
just received a pair of ‘23 michelin pro 4 endurance tires...waiting for three rapha long sleeve merino wool base layers and two pairs of chiba padded fingerless gloves.
Old 05-15-20, 11:37 AM
puma1552

Bikes: '17 Colnago C-RS (Full 5800); '16 Specialized Sirrus Elite

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 61 Times in 39 Posts
Have wanted 3/4 bibs for a while (don't want leg warmers) for spring and fall, just ordered these marked down from supposedly $230 to $70:

https://www.levelninesports.com/giro...SABEgLHxPD_BwE

Hope the chamois is decent.

Also to go with 3/4 bibs, I wanted no show socks so I just ordered some Nike Dri-Fit no shows (ordered a 3 pack):

And lastly, I ordered some normal Rapha socks which just showed up, haven't tried them on but seem really nice:

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/logo...uct/LGK01XXBLK
Old 05-15-20, 12:48 PM
sfrider 
Asleep at the bars

Originally Posted by Sy Reene
Be wary.. may potentially void warranty putting on a trainer. Is your axle the only part clamped, or is part of the frame being clamped?

https://www.canyon.com/en-us/support...o-trainer.html
Good heads up. Both the Kickr Core on the rear and the Kickr Climb on the front have suitable adapters though, so I should be good.

Last edited by sfrider; 05-15-20 at 01:01 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.