Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Nishiki NFS Prestige HELP!

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-21, 10:10 AM
VGBike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hello,
sorry for my English
I just buy this frame (only frame/fork) and I need information tech for assembly.
Is an Nishiki NFS Prestige serial number
JR300329
I can't post photo because I don't have send 10 post on forum... But I post when I can!
Do you have information of headset and BB standard's?
​​​​​
Likes For VGBike:
Old 06-17-21, 10:20 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
You will be limited in posting photos until you have 10 posts (it's an anti-spam measure). You can create an album if you look under your profile and post pictures of the bike. Pics will help.

Vouz est francais, n'est pas? Soyez le bienvenue ici.
Old 06-17-21, 10:29 AM
VGBike

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bikemig
You will be limited in posting photos until you have 10 posts (it's an anti-spam measure). You can create an album if you look under your profile and post pictures of the bike. Pics will help.

Vouz est francais, n'est pas? Soyez le bienvenue ici.
Hello
Yes I'm french, I try make an album
Old 06-17-21, 10:46 AM
VGBike

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Album is created ouce:
Old 06-17-21, 11:26 AM
brian3069

Bikes: Raleigh Supercourse

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 101 Posts
Likes For brian3069:
Old 06-17-21, 12:05 PM
bOsscO
bOsscO

Bikes: 2024 Spec Crux, 2015 Norco Search S1, 93 Mongoose IBOC COMP

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked 355 Times in 212 Posts
Interesting! Looks in very good shape; is it a MTB frame for 26" wheels?
Old 06-17-21, 12:19 PM
icemilkcoffee 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1557 Post(s)
Liked 1,732 Times in 972 Posts
For the headset- this looks like a normal 1" threaded headset. You just have to measure the fork where it mates up with the bottom crown race, to see if it's 27.0 or 26.4mm

As to Bottom bracket, it's almost for sure a BSA bottom bracket.
Old 06-17-21, 03:52 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
I have seen maybe a handful of these models. Only one was posted by an American based member. All the other seem to be from Europe, so I'm assuming it is a European market model. All have had the extended head tube and appear to have steeper than normal seat tubes, so I believe they were aimed primarily at triathletes. All the NFS models I've seen do not use standard 700C wheels but the smaller 650C which was popular with triathletes.

Based on the serial number, I'd guess this frame is circa 1993-1994. There's a good probability that it uses an off-the-shelf Tange fork, in which case there should be a two character, alpha-numeric date code on the fork's steerer tube.

As noted, the BB threading should be BSC/English/1.37" x 24TPI. You'll have to measure the crown race diameter to determine which of the two standards apply.
Old 06-18-21, 09:53 AM
VGBike

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bOsscO
Interesting! Looks in very good shape; is it a MTB frame for 26" wheels?
I Can write only 5 post by day, yes it's in very good condition, and is an triathlon frame for 650b wheels. I think he can be a good bike for urban utility
Old 06-18-21, 09:55 AM
VGBike

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by T-Mar
I have seen maybe a handful of these models. Only one was posted by an American based member. All the other seem to be from Europe, so I'm assuming it is a European market model. All have had the extended head tube and appear to have steeper than normal seat tubes, so I believe they were aimed primarily at triathletes. All the NFS models I've seen do not use standard 700C wheels but the smaller 650C which was popular with triathletes.

Based on the serial number, I'd guess this frame is circa 1993-1994. There's a good probability that it uses an off-the-shelf Tange fork, in which case there should be a two character, alpha-numeric date code on the fork's steerer tube.

As noted, the BB threading should be BSC/English/1.37" x 24TPI. You'll have to measure the crown race diameter to determine which of the two standards apply.
​​​​​​

​​​​​​Thanks for informations, they confirmed that me say the girl who sell me the frame
​​​​​​
Old 06-18-21, 08:04 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
This it not the type of frame that I would choose for an urban utility bicycle. The frame was designed for 650C wheels, not 650B. While the latter may fit, the frame probably won't accept very wide tyres and the geometry is not conducive to utility riding.
Old 06-20-21, 09:00 AM
VGBike

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by T-Mar
This it not the type of frame that I would choose for an urban utility bicycle. The frame was designed for 650C wheels, not 650B. While the latter may fit, the frame probably won't accept very wide tyres and the geometry is not conducive to utility riding.
Yes is for 650C, I confound ! When I say for urban, I think sportiv urban, I have vintage Old's French sports road bike for city and are perfects
Old 06-20-21, 09:01 AM
VGBike

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I think is similary...
Old 06-20-21, 09:11 AM
VGBike

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
[QUOTE=T-Mar;22106623]I have seen maybe a handful of these models. Only one was posted by an American based member. All the other seem to be from Europe, so I'm assuming it is a European market model. All have had the extended head tube and appear to have steeper than normal seat tubes, so I believe they were aimed primarily at triathletes. All the NFS models I've seen do not use standard 700C wheels but the smaller 650C which was popular with triathletes.

As noted, the BB threading should be BSC/English/1.37" x 24TPI. You'll have to measure the crown race diameter to determine which of the two standards apply

For the fork hay two inscription "Omni" under the head tube and "omni OE-07" on the patte, and two stickers Tange Super LiteI make photo on album "fork Tange"