Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Triathlon
Reload this Page >

Post Your Tri Bike!

Notices
Triathlon Swim / Bike / Run your thing? Drop in our new triathlon forum for the latest in training & gear. From beginner to expert, and sprint to ironman.

Post Your Tri Bike!

Old 05-26-08, 07:54 AM
strukljv
Machine

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey, just curious. Did you repaint your Dual? If so, did you do it yourself? I have some experience with painting bike frames but it's always been fixed gears and older frames, so there wasn't much to lose. I've painted and clear coated 3 or 4 frames and have gotten some pretty professional results but am a bit weary about painting my Dual since I don't exactly have the money to replace an expensive time trial frame. Did you take it somewhere? How about the decals? I really like your setup.
Old 05-26-08, 08:00 AM
bdc88
Aero & Light is Right.

Bikes: English Custom Build, Cervelo SLC, Carbon 29er

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
strukljv - I have a friend that owns a bike shop and used to work at Rocky Mountain. He just called in a favour and I had two frame painted at the factory when they were doing black bikes. I had to wait a bit but it was worth it. As for the decals, I contacted a guy on the Slowtwitch website that does decals and lives in Hawaii. I just gave him an idea of what I wanted and he made them up for me.
Old 05-30-08, 12:34 PM
E-Bell

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another Leader owner here, built her up about 3 weeks ago:

Old 06-04-08, 12:25 PM
WheresWaldo
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by E-Bell
Another Leader owner here, built her up about 3 weeks ago:
I think the Leader is a great buy. I still have one tucked away in my shed, someday when I need another TT bike I might build it up as a training bike.
Old 06-04-08, 12:26 PM
WheresWaldo

I thought I would post one more picture of my Pedal Force, now that it has a new shoe!
Old 06-04-08, 12:51 PM
BackRoadsBiker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That thing is HOT! I really hope Pedal Force does an aeroblade groupbuy sometime soon.
Old 06-04-08, 08:31 PM
WheresWaldo

Originally Posted by clipin
Darn, I just can't seem to get my images any bigger than that. If anyone has a secret let me know how.
Clipin, sign up for a free hosting account on flickr, picassa, photobucket, etc. You upload your picture to the host then link to it here. If you do that you won't be limited to the 100k attachment limit that only allow small pictures. Then use the image icon on the editor or use the |IMG||/IMG| tags (note that the '|' symbol are actually square brackets).
Old 06-05-08, 03:51 AM
The_Spaniard

Bikes: Lemond Zurich

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WheresWaldo
I thought I would post one more picture of my Pedal Force, now that it has a new shoe!
really you probably convinced me to buy a pedalforce, they give you better bang for your buck and i really did want a simple colored blakc frame...... how does she ride???
Old 06-05-08, 06:24 AM
WheresWaldo

Originally Posted by The_Spaniard
really you probably convinced me to buy a pedalforce, they give you better bang for your buck and i really did want a simple colored blakc frame...... how does she ride???
Please note that I only have a few training rides on the Pedal Force so it is hard to be objective (still has the new bike smell). I have not ridden on the disc yet either, except literally around the block once. What I can say is that compared to my Leader it is much smoother on the road and seems to glide just a bit easier. I have spent most of my time this year on our tandem, training and participating in a few metric centuries so there has been really no time to ride this at all. After Monday, all my planned rides are done for the year, so I will have the opportunity to really test it out on the road. The training configuration will be two 50mm deep carbon wheels, then I will switch to the rear disk for any event I might do later in the year.

One of the things that led me to the Pedal Force is that I was looking real hard at the Planet X Stealth. I had read very good reviews of it on-line. I also had previous experience with Pedal Force as I own three of their road frames. I also saw that last year Willier without their own TT bike rebranded this exact frame in some of their pro races. That was enough to tip the scale in the Pedal Force's favor. That and the low frame price compared to the other options available.

Since this is a picture thread and not a review thread, I will add another picture here:

Old 06-05-08, 07:13 AM
RoadToad
Flatman

Bikes: Giant TCR2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pure. Sex.
Old 06-05-08, 02:43 PM
The_Spaniard

Bikes: Lemond Zurich

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i love how simple yet out there it is, if you get what i mean. and the logos arent huge just big enough so you can see them. this is ganna give the argon 18 i wanted b4 some huge competition, but then again i dont plan to have enough money to buy a tri bike for another 6 months to a year kuz i needa save up. heh. so i dont knwo whats ganna come out around that time and what will be marked down etc.
Old 06-05-08, 04:13 PM
SouthBayChris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Naked Litespeed Saber

Old 06-06-08, 10:30 AM
Treefox
Young and unconcerned

Bikes: Yeah, I got a few.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please note that I only have a few training rides on the Pedal Force so it is hard to be objective (still has the new bike smell). I have not ridden on the disc yet either, except literally around the block once. What I can say is that compared to my Leader it is much smoother on the road and seems to glide just a bit easier. I have spent most of my time this year on our tandem, training and participating in a few metric centuries so there has been really no time to ride this at all. After Monday, all my planned rides are done for the year, so I will have the opportunity to really test it out on the road. The training configuration will be two 50mm deep carbon wheels, then I will switch to the rear disk for any event I might do later in the year.

One of the things that led me to the Pedal Force is that I was looking real hard at the Planet X Stealth. I had read very good reviews of it on-line. I also had previous experience with Pedal Force as I own three of their road frames. I also saw that last year Willier without their own TT bike rebranded this exact frame in some of their pro races. That was enough to tip the scale in the Pedal Force's favor. That and the low frame price compared to the other options available.

Since this is a picture thread and not a review thread, I will add another picture here:

That's a very very hot bike.

I too was looking closely at the Planet-X Stealth (which, for any of the readership that isn't aware, is the exact same frame) - a very very common frame on the Tri and TT circuit around here. It was almost a toss-up between it and the Focus Izalco Tria - I ultimately decided to get the Focus, really just for the slightly higher value as a fully-built bike... But that very day stopped in at my LBS and made them a low-ball offer on a Specialized S-Works Transition that had been in their window for a while (being coveted by me and many others in town - everyone even knew exactly the bike when I mentioned where I'd got it). So I went with that, but at MSRP, the Stealth frame is a great buy - though so is the Izalco Tria.

That's still a very hot bike you've got there.
Old 06-25-08, 12:51 PM
clipin
spinner

Bikes: Ridley,Viner,Pinarello,Fuji,Javelin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Clipin, sign up for a free hosting account on flickr, picassa, photobucket, etc. You upload your picture to the host then link to it here. If you do that you won't be limited to the 100k attachment limit that only allow small pictures. Then use the image icon on the editor or use the |IMG||/IMG| tags (note that the '|' symbol are actually square brackets).
WW, thanks for the note. I'm reading it now (Wednesday 25th) just before going on holiday with the other half. I will try a free hosting method and hopefully get more photos of other bikes at our computrainer facility.
Old 06-25-08, 09:38 PM
haenous
Everybody relax, I'm here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
new ride..Way more bike than I need but very smooth....

Old 06-28-08, 03:03 PM
guru
Anti-Culture Card Holder

Bikes: Guru Carbonio/Ti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
added after pic: Cervelo Carbon Post, Profile T2 Wing Base Bar, Easton EC90 Carbon Stem, Profile Tri Stryke Elite Saddle.
Old 07-01-08, 12:36 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Not quite a Tri Bike, instead, a road bike set up for Tri and TT, but it's mine and I just rode her for my first Triathlon Saturday!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Old 07-01-08, 11:30 PM
ardents

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not the usual cervelo, but 3.2k later

Old 07-02-08, 07:08 PM
haenous
Everybody relax, I'm here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
beautiful Blue...nice ride man
Old 07-02-08, 08:59 PM
SpeedyTSO
oh turbie twist~!

Bikes: '08 QR Lucero/'06 Cannondale CAAD8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=ardents;6984725]Not the usual cervelo, but 3.2k later
QUOTE]

ardents,

those Blackwell 101s are SICK wheels!! how do they ride?
Old 07-02-08, 10:12 PM
carbonjockey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thats one busy looking rig... sorry i was just over in the road forum and am still feeling a little elitist. But thats one fine looking blue. Are you goin to cut down the steertube?
Old 07-07-08, 10:12 AM
ardents

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i just rode it at Lake Stevens 70.3 tri. it was fast and smooth at 145 psi. I'll eventually cut down the steer tube when i find time. But tri bikes are different from roadies, we have a lot going on always. i did take off the down tube waterbottle holder and the behind the seat post holders, but added an aerobottle inbetween the aerobars and had 4 goos ducktaped to the top tube and a pitstop tubular sealer taped to the seatpost
Old 07-26-08, 10:02 AM
whiterock

Bikes: Cervelo Soloist Team

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Planet-X stealth, fsa, ultegra, vision cockpit....race-ready for state time trial near houston next week, then us open tri in dallas in October.

Last edited by whiterock; 07-30-08 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-29-08, 12:23 AM
Havs
five for fighting

Bikes: 2008 Trek TT E7, 2006 Giant TCR C2, 2005 Trek 1500, 1990ish Trek 850 MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's my new Trek E7:

Still need to get the pedals and computer on before the 1st ride tomorrow. The 1st race for her is in 3 weeks! I'll post the report on the race.
Old 07-29-08, 09:22 PM
sigg.switz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by haenous
new ride..Way more bike than I need but very smooth....

What's the deal with the rovals on the felt?

I'm not one to talk, I've got them on my P3C - but I switched out the rovals from my tarmac with the shimano crap that came with the P3C.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.