Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

When To Ride In Summer

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

When To Ride In Summer

Old 06-27-22, 02:51 AM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
When To Ride In Summer

In the hot summer, try not to choose to ride under the hot sun, and avoid the period when the sun is the largest around noon. You can choose to ride in the morning. At that time, there are fewer outdoor cars and fewer people, the air is fresh, the temperature is suitable, and the light is milder than noon, which is a good time for summer riding. Some cyclists will say that they need to work and don’t have time in the morning, so choose the dusk time after get off work, or you can wait until after dinner, when the sky is getting dark and the night is on, this is also a good choice. After a tiring day, the sun also went to rest. At this time, the riding just avoided the damage to the body from the scorching sun. However, it should be noted that when riding at night, riders must check whether the lights are normal and use reflective equipment to improve the safety of riding.
Old 06-27-22, 05:20 AM
nomadmax 

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked 1,824 Times in 878 Posts
Morning. The hotter it's gonna be, the earlier I leave, sometimes at sun up. After that, my day is made and nothing can interupt my ride/time for myself.
Old 06-27-22, 10:12 AM
Daniel4

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 437 Posts
The OP does not consider that morning and evening rides include going to and from work.

As for midday rides, which I do, there's another thread about how to stay cool and hydrated.
Old 06-28-22, 08:46 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4323 Post(s)
Liked 3,945 Times in 2,638 Posts
You should ride at times when a website is getting too much traffic and then come back at lower time and check out that website and buy lots of product.
Old 06-28-22, 09:55 PM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 192 Posts
The best rides are summer eveninga when the air temperature is about 80-84F with low humidity, and the moving breezes feel good, after a day in the sun, Perfect shorts and t-shirt weather.
Old 06-28-22, 10:15 PM
SalsaShark

Bikes: 2014 Trek Allant drop bar conversion, modified Schwinn MTN commuter, 2015 Trek 520, Soma ES, Salsa Journeyman, 1980 Trek 414

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked 355 Times in 166 Posts
For some reason I read all threads started by AOSTIRMOTOR as though they are being narrated as 'Deep Thoughts' by Jack Handy. However, these posts are usually not as humorous as the aforementioned 'Deep Thoughts', unfortunately .
Likes For SalsaShark: