Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Help finding/naming a Bosch part

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 09-21-22, 10:21 PM
MarcusT

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked 614 Times in 343 Posts

I have searched everywhere I cannot find a reference,
On the Bosch rear wheel sensor, there is a rubber stopper. Lost this stopper. Presently have a piece of tape covering the small hole.
Have not been able to find this part. Which seems odd, because I cannot be the only one.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 09-22-22, 01:50 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 613 Posts
Possibly called a grommet, but wouldn't be surprised if you needed to purchase the entire sensor to get one. You might try to fashion one from a chunk of rubber and secure with a dab of silicone.
Old 09-22-22, 07:06 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4330 Post(s)
Liked 3,949 Times in 2,641 Posts
I have not seen that piece as a stand alone item unfortunately but I would reach out to Bosch or to your local Bosch dealer and see if they can help out:
https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/service/contact
Old 09-24-22, 12:00 AM
MarcusT

Sent a message to Bosch. My experience has been, sometimes they reply, sometimes they don't.
Likes For MarcusT:
Old 09-25-22, 12:52 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Originally Posted by MarcusT
Sent a message to Bosch. My experience has been, sometimes they reply, sometimes they don't.
They have always replied to the shop and in the case they are late or miss it as they probably get a good volume of emails I just send a follow up and they respond.
Old 09-26-22, 09:58 PM
MarcusT

Yup, just as you figured. Bosch does not supply a 50 cent stopper, you have to replace the whole sensor. A dime sized piece of gorilla tape will do just fine, until the sensor really needs to be replaced
Likes For MarcusT:
Old 09-27-22, 07:04 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by MarcusT
Yup, just as you figured. Bosch does not supply a 50 cent stopper, you have to replace the whole sensor. A dime sized piece of gorilla tape will do just fine, until the sensor really needs to be replaced
I will take a look and see if I have anything in my stash of old parts. Usually they ask for warranty stuff back but on occasion they don't.
Old 09-27-22, 09:53 PM
MarcusT

Originally Posted by veganbikes
I will take a look and see if I have anything in my stash of old parts. Usually they ask for warranty stuff back but on occasion they don't.
Thanks. If it bothers me too much, I'll just stop by he LBS where I bought the bike and see if they have any old sensors around. I've put up with it until now, I don't see any hurry to change it.
Likes For MarcusT: