Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

New member from Campbell Ca.

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Old 04-18-22, 12:46 PM
Fairlane63

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 37 Posts

Been lurking here for a while doing some research to help me learn about the vintage game, particularly Italian road bikes.
My older brother always had nice ones when I was growing up he worked and had a job so he had money. Bottechia, Frejus, Cinelli, Pogiagi, Bianchi just to name a few. He and his friends sell to each other back and forth. My favorite was a chrome Schwinn Paramount full NR and 531 tubing, just lovely. (Woukd kill for that bike now)
I had steel specials as a kid but enjoyed tinkering on them and swapping parts etc. Puegot, Bertin, Gitane that kind of bike, nothing special. Did have some great Japanese bikes later but my love was always red, white and green.
fast forward to now and my brother has passed and on his birthday earlier this month I decided to check CL for kicks and found a really nice Bianchi Vittoria for a good price so I picked it up. All original sans cables and grease. Thought this would be a great way to remember and honor my brother and get my feet wet again in a vintage road bike.
After riding hybrid and mountain bikes the Bianchi is like dating an Italian lingerie model. Fast, smooth, precise and a great looker that handles too. Its not Celeste green but a nice shade of blue so it ticks my fancy since blue is my favorite color.
Any how if I stick with it my dream ride sans a chrome Paramount would be a DeRosa or Ciocc probably. But right now I am digging the Bianchi. Will post some pics when I get ten legit postings. Not a ton of information on this model. Mines an 85 with the Columbus special tubing and full Campy Victory.
Any how thaks for the help and reading my intro.
Old 04-18-22, 02:44 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Welcome.

Old 04-18-22, 07:40 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3897 Post(s)
Liked 4,823 Times in 2,226 Posts
I used to live 1 block south of the Pruneyard Towers.

Can understand your classic bicycle ethic.

Old 04-18-22, 09:49 PM
Fairlane63

Thanks guys! The DeRosa is sweet!
Pruneyard has been updated and is the "it" spot now and downtown Campbell is the new Los Gatos. No more El Burro either in the Pruneyard.

Last edited by Fairlane63; 04-19-22 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-19-22, 05:45 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3897 Post(s)
Liked 4,823 Times in 2,226 Posts
Originally Posted by Fairlane63
Thanks guys! The DeRosa is sweet!
Pruneyard has been updated and is the "it" spot now and downtown Campbell is the new Los Gatos. No more El Burro either in the Pruneyard.
I can believe it. Nice little downtown.
I used to walk to The Towers on Sunday mornings to get a NY Times and a cup of coffee + pastry and sit outside. For the quiet pace.

used to be a great hole in the wall BBQ place in the little stretch between 'downtown' and The Towers.
Old 04-19-22, 05:51 PM
Fairlane63

Originally Posted by Wildwood
I can believe it. Nice little downtown.
I used to walk to The Towers on Sunday mornings to get a NY Times and a cup of coffee + pastry and sit outside. For the quiet pace.

used to be a great hole in the wall BBQ place in the little stretch between 'downtown' and The Towers.
Andy's Oak Wood BBQ. They moved to Santa Clara on the El Camino. Hilton Hotel where they used to be now..
Likes For Fairlane63: