Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Basic, Inexpensive App for iPhone w/smart trainer

Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Old 07-13-22, 08:13 AM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 128 Posts

Looking for something cheaper than Zwift or TrainerRoad to use on my iPhone so I can ride indoors while watching TV. I don’t care about graphics, races, etc, I just want to choose a workout and use my trainer (Elite Direto) on ERG mode, and simply respond to the increase/decrease in effort accordingly and think nothing else about the ride for the hour or so. I don’t need 000’s of workouts or training programs, or any motivational messages during the ride.

I currently use Zwift and make it work as above, I’ve used TR in the past but I see that it’s now US$20/month. I would only use 1-3x a week in the winter.
Old 07-13-22, 11:32 AM
BJack312

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Noonievut
Looking for something cheaper than Zwift or TrainerRoad to use on my iPhone so I can ride indoors while watching TV. I don’t care about graphics, races, etc, I just want to choose a workout and use my trainer (Elite Direto) on ERG mode, and simply respond to the increase/decrease in effort accordingly and think nothing else about the ride for the hour or so. I don’t need 000’s of workouts or training programs, or any motivational messages during the ride.

I currently use Zwift and make it work as above, I’ve used TR in the past but I see that it’s now US$20/month. I would only use 1-3x a week in the winter.
My wife uses Trainerday, which has a free option. It's a no frills basic workout app with a selection different workouts. I have not tried it, but she seems happy with it.
Old 07-13-22, 03:19 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
Liked 1,171 Times in 682 Posts
you might be able to use the wahoo phone app. i would be surprised if it didn't work with your trainer assuming that your trainer can connect over bluetooth. worth a try since it is free.
Old 07-14-22, 04:35 AM
jwalther

Bikes: Litespeed T3, Felt Breed 30, Co-Motion Supremo Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 29 Posts
Doesn't the Elite app have workouts?