Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

I'm Going Full-On Lurker Mode

Notices
Foo Light hearted off-topic chit chat with no general subject.

I'm Going Full-On Lurker Mode

Old 10-13-21, 10:15 AM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 1,490 Times in 1,098 Posts
Originally Posted by J.Higgins View Post
Posts like this is precisely the passive-aggressive type of post of which I am speaking. I started hanging my hat here in Foo because you were being hostile to me and others in Touring. I even complained to the mods about you. You have over 30k posts, so its very evident that your signal-to-noise ratio is pretty darn low. Somewhere along the way you have forgotten how to add a useful comment to a thread, but instead you do whatever you can to incite a toxic situation. You bully people here and I think you get a thrill from it. I think everyone has a voice and everyone has the God-given right to use that voice but when it hurts others, it becomes a weapon. I've blocked people that were downright vicious, but I've been reluctant to block you because basically anyone is capable of saying something unique, new, and profound. Even you.
Hmm, so if you remember your study of analogies from SAT prep,
J.Higgins : indyfabz :: RubeRad : 3Alarmer
Old 10-13-21, 10:42 AM
ahsposo 
Major Member

Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 5462 Post(s)
Liked 2,840 Times in 1,679 Posts
Why can't we all just get along?

Jeez, I crack myself up...
Likes For ahsposo:
Old 10-13-21, 11:00 AM
Riveting

Bikes: '13 Diamondback Hybrid Commuter, '17 Spec Roubaix Di2, '17 Spec Camber 29'er, '19 CDale Topstone Gravel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked 324 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz View Post
Puh-lease. You are the one who is trying to hurt someone. And the only rights you have on this private forum are those the moderators and admins say you have. (I know. Damn Constitution!) Don't like this place? Fine. Leave. Find a forum that better suits you. But seeking attention and affirmation in doing so is, quite frankly, rather lame.

P.S. I was just helping a member with trip planning the other day, like I have helped many others over many years. I also recently shared a report of my two-week adventure in September. Etc. How about you? Got anything besisdes whining about being a victim?
The ironic part is that the OP said they were leaving/lurking because they were offending people, and then picks on indyfabz for being ultra-mildly offensive. I personally enjoy snarky offensiveness, and indyfabz is an equal opportunity offender.
Old 10-13-21, 11:23 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13924 Post(s)
Liked 6,938 Times in 3,504 Posts
Originally Posted by Riveting View Post
The ironic part is that the OP said they were leaving/lurking because they were offending people, and then picks on indyfabz for being ultra-mildly offensive. I personally enjoy snarky offensiveness, and indyfabz is an equal opportunity offender.
Don't think I was being either. Just pointing out the obvious. In fact, I know of at least one instance where a mod/admin posted the same response to a member who posted the same type of "I am out of here!" thread.

IMO, if you don't like it, go, but without all the drama.

Likes For indyfabz:
Old 10-13-21, 12:20 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2289 Post(s)
Liked 2,385 Times in 1,543 Posts
I hate everybody.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 10-13-21, 03:23 PM
Kat12

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 85 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
I hate everybody.
Oh, thank heaven it's not just me!
Likes For Kat12:
Old 10-13-21, 03:48 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

I almost threw my cookies on my bike route. Not enough blood sugar or this super high humidity not letting me stay cool. Just one of those rides I guess doesn’t happen that often. No more Spam I don’t mean junk e mail that stuff that comes in a can with mechanically separated animals parts like intestines, eyeballs, nose and tongue, various parts.

Last edited by Hondo Gravel; 10-13-21 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Threw not through no more greasy Spam
Old 10-13-21, 04:01 PM
genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 10850 Post(s)
Liked 2,846 Times in 1,952 Posts
I almost through my cookies on my bike route. Not enough blood sugar or this super high humidity not letting me stay cool. Just one of those rides I guess doesnít happen that often. No more Spam I donít mean junk e mail that stuff that comes in a can with mechanically separated animals parts like intestines, eyeballs, nose and tongue, various parts.
Hondo, I know you're suffering from low blood sugar... so I excuse you... but I believe you meant to say you almost "threw your cookies."

The way you wrote it reads as if you were eating cookies and had almost finished them... "almost through my cookies..."

Now go get a cookie, and a cold beer, and relax in the shade.
Old 10-13-21, 04:22 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

Yup my grammar is awful. I almost vomited on my bike route feel better after a cold shower and a sandwich. I ride in the country so the buzzards would have had a snack.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 10-13-21, 04:37 PM
wgscott
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,275 Times in 1,133 Posts
Posts like this is precisely the passive-aggressive type of post of which I am speaking. I started hanging my hat here in Foo because you were being hostile to me and others in Touring. I even complained to the mods about you. You have over 30k posts, so its very evident that your signal-to-noise ratio is pretty darn low. Somewhere along the way you have forgotten how to add a useful comment to a thread, but instead you do whatever you can to incite a toxic situation. You bully people here and I think you get a thrill from it. I think everyone has a voice and everyone has the God-given right to use that voice but when it hurts others, it becomes a weapon. I've blocked people that were downright vicious, but I've been reluctant to block you because basically anyone is capable of saying something unique, new, and profound. Even you.
I've had the same experience with him from the beginning. Self-appointed policeman for the touring forum. He gets a free pass from the moderators, as do a handful of other like-minded individuals. You should stay. He should go F himself. The funny thing is I've never met anyone so unpleasant and disagreeable on actual bike tours.
Likes For wgscott:
Old 10-13-21, 04:45 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 1,490 Times in 1,098 Posts
Originally Posted by genec View Post
The way you wrote it reads as if you were eating cookies and had almost finished them... "almost through my cookies..."
I have never failed to make it all the way through my cookies.

I did actually last weekend try to ride my local trail to the top of 'van Dam peak', and had to take a break near the top and I thought I might throw some cookies
Likes For RubeRad:
Old 10-13-21, 05:45 PM
J.Higgins 

Bikes: Bilenky Tourlite, Surly Ogre

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked 605 Times in 417 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
I've had the same experience with him from the beginning. Self-appointed policeman for the touring forum. He gets a free pass from the moderators, as do a handful of other like-minded individuals. You should stay. He should go F himself. The funny thing is I've never met anyone so unpleasant and disagreeable on actual bike tours.
I kind of feel sorry for him in a way. With 30k+ posts, he must not have much of a life. I suppose we're all fodder for his amusement. I don't like blocking people, but sometimes you just have to do it to keep your own dignity intact. It feels the same way it feels like when I accidentally run over a squirrel.
Old 10-13-21, 05:46 PM
J.Higgins 

Bikes: Bilenky Tourlite, Surly Ogre

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked 605 Times in 417 Posts
Yup my grammar is awful. I almost vomited on my bike route feel better after a cold shower and a sandwich. I ride in the country so the buzzards would have had a snack.
Those buzzards would get drunk and pass out if they ate your vomit!

Likes For J.Higgins:
Old 10-13-21, 06:51 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2125 Post(s)
Liked 863 Times in 648 Posts
I was HEB and the clerk said white bread I am offended I was trying to find wheat bread. I demand a public apology! I will never shop at HEB again and I demand all bread be labeled neutral bread! I will be back at HEB buying some beer and something for the smoker and have some politically incorrect fun. Rain is on the the way from that hurricane in Mexico. Rare coming over from the Pacific Ocean.
The evidence of why Iím offended

Hondo dude, the clerk wasn't talking about the bread, she was talking about YOU, BOLILLO
Old 10-13-21, 07:01 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2125 Post(s)
Liked 863 Times in 648 Posts
I kind of feel sorry for him in a way. With 30k+ posts, he must not have much of a life. I suppose we're all fodder for his amusement. I don't like blocking people, but sometimes you just have to do it to keep your own dignity intact. It feels the same way it feels like when I accidentally run over a squirrel.
... i think he's a lawyer that likes to ride a bicycle .....I am pretty sure he has never been to Hondo, Texas ... look at it like this > we're in a pandemic and people are going to get stranger and stranger and it aint gonna stop and cause most folks are less than happy with the world around them .................................. if you really want to take your mind off everything read fiction or poetry
Old 10-13-21, 07:03 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

She called me a pinche bolillo as well as white bread. I’m not cheap white trash I replied why do you think I only want white bread? I found the wheat bread next to the white bread. But I needed help finding the corn tortillas but HEB has a mixed tortilla both flour and corn called a Mixla and I’m not kidding. Actually a great tortilla to have corn and flour together wrapping a beef fajita is good.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h...tillas/1753415
Old 10-13-21, 07:04 PM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 21996 Post(s)
Liked 4,937 Times in 3,607 Posts
Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
You see, THIS was what Trollheim was for. A place where you could just relax and say whatever little thing was on your mind; if it offended, no one cared. In fact offensive was expected.

But, alas, it is no longer a functioning meeting place for those elite that called it "My kinda place!"
Old 10-13-21, 07:08 PM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

She called me a pinche bolillo as well as white bread. Iím not cheap white trash I replied why do you think I only want white bread? I found the wheat bread next to the white bread. But I needed help finding the corn tortillas but HEB has a mixed tortilla both flour and corn called a Mixla and Iím not kidding. Actually a great tortilla to have corn and flour together wrapping a beef fajita is good.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/h...tillas/1753415
...they sell a corn/wheat tortilla here at Trader Joe's. 'Course, you'd probly need to drive all the way to Austin.
Old 10-13-21, 07:18 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

Originally Posted by 3alarmer View Post
...they sell a corn/wheat tortilla here at Trader Joe's. 'Course, you'd probly need to drive all the way to Austin.
There is a Trader Joes in San Antonio. I would hear people talking about that store when I was at a Big Bend NP the campers were from Arizona. A few years later I saw a Trader Joes in San Antonio. We finally have the famous In and Out burger from California. And White Castle is suppose to be here soon.
Old 10-13-21, 07:19 PM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

Originally Posted by ahsposo View Post
You see, THIS was what Trollheim was for. A place where you could just relax and say whatever little thing was on your mind; if it offended, no one cared. In fact offensive was expected.

But, alas, it is no longer a functioning meeting place for those elite that called it "My kinda place!"
...Trollheim was doomed, from the first moment Melania Trump started her campaign against internet bullying.
Let it go, man. Eventually the archives will be discovered by cultural historians, several centuries in the future, and we will be justly famous.

Genius is never appreciated in its own time and place. *sigh*
Old 10-13-21, 07:22 PM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

There is a Trader Joes in San Antonio. I would hear people talking about that store when I was at a Big Bend NP the campers were from Arizona. A few years later I saw a Trader Joes in San Antonio. We finally have the famous In and Out burger from California. And White Castle is suppose to be here soon.
...back when I still ate that stuff, In-n-Out burger was considered pretty high class grub, for a fast food carryout place.
And they have those great bumper stickers, that can be carved up to say "In and Out urge."
Old 10-13-21, 07:23 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 15531 Post(s)
Liked 6,868 Times in 3,869 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer View Post
Those tortillas are filling. I prefer the corn ones though
Old 10-13-21, 07:35 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13924 Post(s)
Liked 6,938 Times in 3,504 Posts
Originally Posted by jack pot View Post
... i think he's a lawyer that likes to ride a bicycle .....I am pretty sure he has never been to Hondo, Texas ... look at it like this > we're in a pandemic and people are going to get stranger and stranger and it aint gonna stop and cause most folks are less than happy with the world around them .................................. if you really want to take your mind off everything read fiction or poetry
I do like to ride my bike. Rode to work today and worked in shorts. Took a couple of years off from the working world BITD and racked up 10,000 miles of loaded touring alone during three extended trips, including one across the US and one in Andalucia. Did a 650 mile tour last month. Got a short one (five days) planned for about 12 days from now. My job supports my lifestyle. Been working throughout the pandemic. ďI canít complain, but sometimes I still do.Ē
Old 10-13-21, 07:56 PM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

Originally Posted by jack pot View Post
... i think he's a lawyer that likes to ride a bicycle .....I am pretty sure he has never been to Hondo, Texas ... look at it like this > we're in a pandemic and people are going to get stranger and stranger and it aint gonna stop and cause most folks are less than happy with the world around them .......

...I call BS. Ain't no way I can get any stranger. I am maxed out on strange. I am a stranger in a strange land.
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 10-13-21, 08:12 PM
Hondo Gravel
es ist mir egal

Likes For Hondo Gravel:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.