Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Stowe, VT region ride routes?

Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Old 09-07-21, 07:01 PM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 760 Post(s)
Liked 1,560 Times in 756 Posts

A riding friend and I are going to check out the British Invasion car show in Stowe this coming weekend. Planning to bring our bikes and do some riding. Any suggestions for a good 25-40mi loop (or two) in the general region?
Old 09-09-21, 06:10 PM
Phoenix800

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 9 Posts
From downtown Stowe, follow Rt 108 through Smuggler's notch. There's a 1600' seven mile climb and it's absolutely spectacular. My Gamin showed a 22% grade on one of the swichbacks. Continue down the other side to Jeffersonville. There's a store there for snacks. Then go back up! The total is about 36 miles and 3500' of climbing.

I hit 52 mph solo on the trip back from the top to Stowe.

If you don't want to go back up, you can go around. From Jeffersonville take Rt 15 to Rt 100 back to Stowe. It will be about 65 miles.
Likes For Phoenix800: