Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Moving into a tinyhome RV, no room for parts!

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Old 09-20-21, 08:13 PM
degan

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 54 Posts

Almost ready to start living in the home on wheels, so all the random stuff I've been hoarding needs to go. I generally tried to use the low end of completed ebay listings for pricing, though I'm open to offers or bundle deals, etc. If I were selling on ebay I'd clean a few of them up, hopefully people here can look past a little grime. I'll include it in my description of condition and can send any part through the ultrasonic cleaner if requested. I'll be bumping with more items as I go through them. Shipping negotiable.

Suntour Barcon 7s. Lots of scuffs on outer sides of both shifters, otherwise good shape. Switches easily between modes. $25 SOLD

Suntoru Barcon 6s. Excellent condition, very small scuff on outside of one shifter. Switches easily between modes. $25 SOLD

Shimano 600 RD (RD-6100). Lots of scuffs on the hanger bolt, a little on the knuckle, light grime, but otherwise good shape. $15

Suntour XCD FD/RD. I was planning on pairing it with a set of the barcons. FD clamp is 28.6 I believe. Light scratches, light grime. $30 PENDING

Modolo Speedy brakeset. Some brake dust but should clean up nice. $20.

Shimano RSX brakseset. Dual pivot, recessed. Nice condition, just dusty. Decals perfect. $20

Suntour XCD FD. 31.8 clamp. Might actually be the match for the XCD RD now that I look at them again, I'll figure it out. Either way, one goes with the RD, the other is $5.

Suntour Cyclone (RD-6200). Most of the face decals have scuffed off, no hanger bolt, and the larger pulley wheel is not original. Dirty, but not many deep scuffs or scrapes, so should clean up nice. $10

SunTour MounTech II GTL RD. Wonky design with an extra knuckle for a crazy long cage. Missing some decals, light scuffing/grime. $40 SOLD

Schwinn Le Tour branded Schimano GT-420 RD. No hanger bolt and missing the bolt/nut that secures the cable. Otherwise great shape. $15

Last edited by degan; 09-21-21 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-21-21, 12:17 AM
panzerwagon 
Garage tetris expert

Bikes: A few. Ok, a lot

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 689 Times in 327 Posts
Interested in both sets of barcons.
Old 09-21-21, 04:37 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5885 Post(s)
Liked 3,468 Times in 2,078 Posts
No pics of the tiny home RV? You know the drill. Pics or it’s not really happening.
Likes For bikemig:
Old 09-21-21, 06:33 AM
mountaindave 
tantum vehi

Bikes: More than I care to admit

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 1167 Post(s)
Liked 991 Times in 491 Posts
PM on the MounTech
Old 09-21-21, 06:45 AM
degan

Originally Posted by bikemig
No pics of the tiny home RV? You know the drill. Pics or it’s not really happening.
I knew this would come back to bite me.
Old 09-21-21, 06:49 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5885 Post(s)
Liked 3,468 Times in 2,078 Posts
Those small parts could make swell wall art for your tiny home/RV but there's no way of knowing without pics . . .
Likes For bikemig:
Old 09-21-21, 10:45 AM
degan

Originally Posted by bikemig
Those small parts could make swell wall art for your tiny home/RV but there's no way of knowing without pics . . .
As much as I like bike art I'm currently going for a more utilitarian set up, so no art or wicker furniture yet. Mostly because the PO did a number on the interior to the point where I had to completely strip it. Luckily he didn't mess with the mechanical side because it runs like a dream. It was the smallest RV they offered (21') with the biggest engine (6.4L V10). Weird combo, but I got it up to 85 and it had more left to give. My plan is to make it an overlander of sorts. Some lights, skid plate, chunky tires, bash bars, etc. The fact that its pretty much a regular E350 chassis means there are tons of parts out there that are pretty much plug-and-play, even if I went crazy and with a 4wd/manual trans conversion. Heres a pic of the exterior. The interior is all apart, running wiring for lights and solar, putting in a pocket door, etc. Its very dusty because I'm doing some waterproofing and I'm a little afraid to put my work to the test.​​​​​​​
Old 09-21-21, 10:54 AM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 2336 Post(s)
Liked 2,804 Times in 1,532 Posts
Originally Posted by degan
As much as I like bike art I'm currently going for a more utilitarian set up, so no art or wicker furniture yet. Mostly because the PO did a number on the interior to the point where I had to completely strip it. Luckily he didn't mess with the mechanical side because it runs like a dream. It was the smallest RV they offered (21') with the biggest engine (6.4L V10). Weird combo, but I got it up to 85 and it had more left to give. My plan is to make it an overlander of sorts. Some lights, skid plate, chunky tires, bash bars, etc. The fact that its pretty much a regular E350 chassis means there are tons of parts out there that are pretty much plug-and-play, even if I went crazy and with a 4wd/manual trans conversion. Heres a pic of the exterior. The interior is all apart, running wiring for lights and solar, putting in a pocket door, etc. Its very dusty because I'm doing some waterproofing and I'm a little afraid to put my work to the test.
so how many bikes fit? with that engine you could turn it into a sleeper quarter mile rig for making gas money, but the 4x4 manual conversion would be lot's more fun
​​​​​​​

Likes For squirtdad:
Old 09-21-21, 11:06 AM
degan

Originally Posted by squirtdad
so how many bikes fit? with that engine you could turn it into a sleeper quarter mile rig for making gas money, but the 4x4 manual conversion would be lot's more fun
I'm going to try to limit it to three bikes somehow. It really hauls @$$, lights up the dualies with ease and is legitimately faster then my parents Dodge V8 van which is just a van. I think at 21' its perfect for off the beaten path camping. I just need to see if I can squeeze more than 10 MPG out of it.
Old 09-21-21, 01:02 PM
degan

A couple more items. Pedals/cranksets coming soon.

Funky Simplex DT shifters with the one-sided clamp. This is what it came with when I got it, unsure of completeness. $15

Simplex Prestige FD. Some rust on adjustment screws, faded plastic. Otherwise functional and complete. 28.6 clamp. $10

Turbo saddle. Didn't get around to re-covering it. Foam is solid. $10
Old 09-21-21, 03:31 PM
degan

Might hold off on the cranksets for now because I might need a couple that I didn't think I'd need.

Shimano Deore XT pedals (PD-M735). Light paint loss in the typical areas, otherwise nice shape. $40

Sakae pedals (MTP-170). Light rust, good shape overall. $15

KKT Pro Vic II quill pedals. Light scuffing and grime, good condition overall. $15

Shimano pedals (PD-A550). Triangular 600 knockoffs. Light rust on toe cage, good condition. $10

SR SP-150 pedals. Reflectors are rough, cage slightly bent. One spins smooth, one is rough. $10
Old 09-21-21, 05:10 PM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 370 Times in 256 Posts
Ours is a 24' Class C, originally with a 5.8L (351W) but now sports a 505-inch stroked 460. Gets better gas mileage than before (12.6mpg vs previous 10.5) because of increased torque so engine doesn't have to work as hard. also changed from 4.10 gears to 3.73 because of more torque. Before it'd bog down on hills and downshift, now it grunts right on up with no effort - even towing a car behind!
Old 09-21-21, 05:27 PM
degan

Nice Cougrrcj , does it have that gurgle that stroked and cammed cars get? I'm also looking at changing the rear end ratio, which I guess makes a big difference. Whats your weight at if you don't mind? After I stripped it all out it was down to 7,000 lbs, another reason its surprisingly quick.

Last edited by degan; 09-22-21 at 12:25 AM.
Old 09-21-21, 07:17 PM
Unca_Sam
The dropped

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
PM sent for XCD derailleurs!
Old 09-21-21, 07:34 PM
homeless in ca.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 41 Posts
Nice truck.

Mine's a bit older I have the 460 and fuel economy is in the single digits. But I don't drive much.

I was living in a trailer before so I kept that to use as a storage/garage for my bike. I also take showers in there and stuff.
Old 09-21-21, 08:58 PM
degan

Originally Posted by homeless in ca.
Nice truck.

Mine's a bit older I have the 460 and fuel economy is in the single digits. But I don't drive much.

I was living in a trailer before so I kept that to use as a storage/garage for my bike. I also take showers in there and stuff.
Unfortunately I don't have any facilities at the moment, the PO decided the toilet was in the wrong place and completely fubar'd the water storage systems. The back half of mine is going to be bike storage/workshop for the time being as well. Maybe a hot-tub later on.
Old 09-28-21, 07:18 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26374 Post(s)
Liked 10,350 Times in 7,189 Posts
...I can't figure out what's going on with that Modolo Speedy brake set. It looks like it's nutted in the front, but the rear has a recessed nut on it. I need something in that short reach, to build up a '76 Rossin later on, after I finish the painting. Would you mind terribly measuring how much brake bolt extends on the rear brake, so I can figure out if I can use it nutted, without changing the bolt ? Drilling the rear bridge larger is not a possibility on this frame. Thanks. You can PM me when you get around to it.

Looks like they will fit in a post office flat rate mailing box pretty nicely. I'm still painting, so there's not a big rush on my end.

Edit: also the front bolt length, from brake to the end of it, just to be on the safe side, so I can measure if it will work on this (standard old school) fork crown, nutted on the back, without drilling. Thank you.

Last edited by 3alarmer; 09-28-21 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-28-21, 07:38 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,123 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by degan
. Maybe a hot-tub later on.
Now youre' talkin !
Old 09-28-21, 10:38 PM
Reynolds 531 

Bikes: a few that I can't recall

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked 299 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
...I can't figure out what's going on with that Modolo Speedy brake set.
I think just that the rear nut is on the front and viceversa.
Old 09-28-21, 11:31 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26374 Post(s)
Liked 10,350 Times in 7,189 Posts
Originally Posted by Reynolds 531
I think just that the rear nut is on the front and viceversa.
...yeah, probably. Was just a shot in the dark. I can always scavenge some nutted length brake bolts and swap them out into some Campy brakes I have in the box. This was just less work, and I have some Modolo levers in the box as well.
Old 10-09-21, 08:42 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2924 Post(s)
Liked 2,916 Times in 1,488 Posts
Footloose and fancy free eh? Now you can attend every bike ride in the country!

Anyone have a suitable bolt for this? It looks a bit rough but I am sure someone here wouldn't mind polishing it up and bit and maybe putting a few holes in it yes?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 10-09-21, 09:01 AM
sdn40

Bikes: 88 Cannondale Criterium

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked 146 Times in 91 Posts
FWIW
Be careful with sticking a bunch of money into a motor home. The boxes are built as cheap as possible (1x3 walls, staples and glue), and then plunked on a frame and exposed to twisting, bouncing, wind, heat, cold, driving rain at 60mph, etc etc. Near impossible to keep seams water tight under those conditions. Stay on top of it the best you can. The box is literally exposed to mini earthquakes every time you drive it. There is a reason those are a dime a dozen with 50,000 miles on them. One day you're buying t-shirts at the Grand Canyon, and the next day you discover a sponge soaked wall or ceiling with black mold. Not trying to be a jerk or scare you, it's honestly the reality with RV's. Be very frugal with throwing a bunch of money at it. They make boats look like a bargain to own, and you know what they say about boats.

Last edited by sdn40; 10-09-21 at 09:23 AM.
Likes For sdn40:
Old 10-18-21, 01:08 AM
degan

Originally Posted by sdn40
FWIW
Be careful with sticking a bunch of money into a motor home. The boxes are built as cheap as possible (1x3 walls, staples and glue), and then plunked on a frame and exposed to twisting, bouncing, wind, heat, cold, driving rain at 60mph, etc etc. Near impossible to keep seams water tight under those conditions. Stay on top of it the best you can. The box is literally exposed to mini earthquakes every time you drive it. There is a reason those are a dime a dozen with 50,000 miles on them. One day you're buying t-shirts at the Grand Canyon, and the next day you discover a sponge soaked wall or ceiling with black mold. Not trying to be a jerk or scare you, it's honestly the reality with RV's. Be very frugal with throwing a bunch of money at it. They make boats look like a bargain to own, and you know what they say about boats.
I'm well aware of this. I paid very little for the RV, to the point that I could sell the generator for the price I paid for the entire thing. I haven't invested much in the way of money, more time and elbow grease. I see lots of beater RVs that should be scrapped, this is not one of them. Since I'm here I might as well add some pics.

Old 10-19-21, 03:56 PM
homeless in ca.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 41 Posts
That's a nice one. If you can score a used cargo trailer you'll have a garage for all your bikes and extra water and stuff.
Likes For homeless in ca.: