Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Do You Ever Feel Sexy

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Do You Ever Feel Sexy

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-21, 10:26 AM
Broctoon
Super-duper Genius

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 984 Times in 508 Posts
Originally Posted by Lazyass
Can't say I've felt sexy in any situation but I've had multiple females over the years tell me I had the nicest butt they've ever seen on a guy and it's only due to cycling haha. I had one girlfriend years ago who was obsessed with my butt. Constantly squeezing, biting, trying (and failing) to get me to pose it for her. I guess girls like butts as much as guys do. As long as they don't have the same plans for it
Several years ago, I was in the middle of a long relay race when something fun happened. As a teammate and I started out from one of the exchange points, we met two nice ladies that he knew--not close friends, but I think he'd ridden with one of them before. We agreed to do that leg of the race together. I was pleased to find myself right behind one or the other of them at various times over the next few hours, and let's just say I did not find it hard to stay motivated.

After we finished, they thanked us, shook hands, etc. and everyone returned to their respective sag vehicles. For a parting shot, one of the ladies said something about how much she enjoyed riding behind us and that it wasn't just for the draft, but she liked the view. We said, "Au contraire--thank you!" or maybe just "Ditto!" or something. Apparently, that chance encounter was a win-win.

Last edited by Broctoon; 08-10-21 at 10:47 AM.
Likes For Broctoon:
Old 08-10-21, 11:19 AM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 118 Posts
One younger woman screamed out "you have a nice butt" when I passed her on a bike path in Breckenridge. last year. I felt kinda sexy that day. Also, sometimes when I wear Rapha, I feel sexy for a few minutes. That's about it,.
Old 08-10-21, 11:25 AM
AlgarveCycling

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 291 Times in 163 Posts
When I was younger I never thought about being 'sexy' as a cyclist - I was focussed upon racing and being an athlete. It never really crossed my mind.

However, nowadays, I can't deny I do feel 'confident' and 'good' about myself in that regard while out on the bike. I think it is mainly because I got pretty fat in my off-bike years, a sedentary obese guy for a decade and I did look like - and was - a middle-aged lump with an overflowing belly; far removed from being 'sexy'.

Now, in my 50's, fit again, I look around me and see I'm in pretty great shape for my age. I don't have my six-pack anymore, that's decades gone, I am carrying a bit extra for competition purposes too, but with a BMI of 23 I'm fairly trim for my build and muscular. I also have a good tan from living in a year-round warm region. The up-shot is I do sometimes get nice comments from ladies, especially those my own age - mostly wishing their own husbands would get off their butts and lose some weight!

So, yeah, I do kinda feel 'sexy' sometimes lately when I see I'm noticed and get a smile or an ego-lifting comment. I'd be lying if I said I didn't.
Likes For AlgarveCycling:
Old 08-10-21, 12:26 PM
roadsnakes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 119 Posts
Sexy?

Originally Posted by Mojo31
I'm reminded of the same every day.
SE

Yes, True.

BUT

I`m pushing 70, and sometimes when it`s really hot wearing my bike shorts and I`m drenched with sweat, OR when it`s 15degrees and I wearing my winter cycling tights, I come across a babe in a car at a stoplight.
Driving the car is her husband or boy friend.
He`s smoking a cigarette, and has a big pot belly.
She looks at me, then at him.
At that point,......................... for a brief couple of seconds,........................ I feel sexy!
Old 08-10-21, 02:10 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9650 Post(s)
Liked 6,363 Times in 3,503 Posts
Originally Posted by roadsnakes
SE

Yes, True.

BUT

I`m pushing 70, and sometimes when it`s really hot wearing my bike shorts and I`m drenched with sweat, OR when it`s 15degrees and I wearing my winter cycling tights, I come across a babe in a car at a stoplight.
Driving the car is her husband or boy friend.
He`s smoking a cigarette, and has a big pot belly.
She looks at me, then at him.
At that point,......................... for a brief couple of seconds,........................ I feel sexy!
Lol. You're only fooling yourself!

She's really looking at the spat of sealant on your rear end from that last puncture, and wondering why in the hell you don't go home and change.

Sexy ends at age 30, maybe 40 in exceptional cases. After that it's all smoke and mirrors.

Likes For Mojo31:
Old 08-10-21, 02:35 PM
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2134 Post(s)
Liked 1,643 Times in 825 Posts
Originally Posted by Stan Heinricher
Yes, I get ‘in the zone’ while riding here on the flats of coastal Florida. Clarity of mind above all. Ability to think laterally, creatively. That’s the benchmark for me, my goal in cycling solo.
I had a very good ride from New Smyrna Beach to the end of the road at a National Park...I forget the name. I can see me getting lost inside myself there. It was quiet and beautiful and serene. An unclouded mind is critical to finding zen.
Old 08-10-21, 07:32 PM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 370 Times in 256 Posts
My 12.5- mile commute takes me past a local community college...

One morning a year or so ago, I was stopped at the traffic light at one end of the campus and some cute young little thing had pulled up in a car next to me - she yelled out "Nice legs!" whereupon I turned my gray/white mustachioed faced to her and said "Thanks". I smiled the remaining three miles of my commute..... Made my day, for sure!!!!
Likes For Cougrrcj:
Old 08-11-21, 04:34 AM
roadsnakes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Lol. You're only fooling yourself!

She's really looking at the spat of sealant on your rear end from that last puncture, and wondering why in the hell you don't go home and change.

Sexy ends at age 30, maybe 40 in exceptional cases. After that it's all smoke and mirrors.

'

Old 08-11-21, 07:44 AM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9650 Post(s)
Liked 6,363 Times in 3,503 Posts
Originally Posted by roadsnakes
'

Mine has been burst for a long time. Lol.
Old 08-11-21, 07:48 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2975 Post(s)
Liked 1,180 Times in 770 Posts
I'm 49. My girlfriend tells me I'm extremely sexy when I do mountain bike races. She says it turns her on to watch me race.
Likes For prj71:
Old 08-11-21, 09:00 AM
Broctoon
Super-duper Genius

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 984 Times in 508 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71
I'm 49. My girlfriend tells me I'm extremely sexy when I do mountain bike races. She says it turns her on to watch me race.
Hey, she tells me that too!
Likes For Broctoon:
Old 08-11-21, 06:17 PM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 370 Times in 256 Posts
I've been doomed (deemed UNsexy) for over 30 years already... Back in January of 1991, my two-years-younger sister had our parent's first grandchild... Coincidentally, I had just gotten a camcorder for Christmas - so I figured we (my wife and self) would go to the hospital to take some video so we could send it to our parents who were then 'snowbirds' living out-of-state. Wife and I got to the hospital just minutes after the niece was born. Wife and I were in the 'recovery suite' waiting for Sister and baby. The staff wheels my sister in, and a nurse is walking behind, carrying the baby. She asked if 'Grandma and Grandpa want to hold the baby'. Ummmm... I was all of 32, wife was 33, sister was 30, and her hubby was 32 (just two weeks from 33) I was a USPS walking mail carrier back then, so I grew a full beard to keep my face warm in the Cleveland winters... It had a bit of gray in it, but c'mon! Wife's hair was frosted...

One other time that winter, I was in a different hospital's cafeteria line (wife was going through a procedure).. I added my items up in my head as I head to the cashier - where I got a different total. OK, maybe I added wrong. I get to a vacant table and look at my receipt -- I got a 15% 'Senior Citizen' discount... again, this is at age 32!

After these incidents, I quit growing beards in the wintertime, and the wife quit frosting her hair.

Fast Forward 18 years -- To when I was 50 -- I had volunteered to be Santa Claus for the housing development on my mail route - they were going to drive me around in a minivan to deliver toys to the kiddies... So I started growing a beard the day after Halloween. Here's a pic of me at Christmas just seven weeks later... Yes, that is my real beard, white as snow!....

Well, at least I can laugh at myself...
Old 08-11-21, 06:49 PM
wolfchild
Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,286 Posts
What's sexy is subject to private interpretation....What may appear sexy to one person may be absolutely abhorrent and disgusting to another
Old 08-12-21, 01:39 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
What's sexy is subject to private interpretation....What may appear sexy to one person may be absolutely abhorrent and disgusting to another

You had to bring up fetish sites, didn't you?
Old 08-12-21, 03:28 PM
wolfchild
Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,286 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
You had to bring up fetish sites, didn't you?
OP started it and I think it's very strange to use the word sexy to describe cycling.. .To me there is nothing sexy about cycling but it sounds like few posters here have a fetish for spandex and shaved legs.
Old 08-12-21, 03:50 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 3870 Post(s)
Liked 2,563 Times in 1,577 Posts
The Fun Police have arrived!
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498

Last edited by ThermionicScott; 08-12-21 at 04:10 PM.
Likes For ThermionicScott:
Old 08-12-21, 05:07 PM
chephy
Two H's!!! TWO!!!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
OP started it and I think it's very strange to use the word sexy to describe cycling.. .To me there is nothing sexy about cycling but it sounds like few posters here have a fetish for spandex and shaved legs.
Lol, this has nothing to do with spandex.

Way back when one of my math profs referred to 3D modelling graphs as sexy. And it had nothing to do with the way their curves were shaped.

I've never done racing or mountain biking. But I've done a little bit of bike couriering and a lot of urban cycling. So yeah, this is my jam, and that's when I feel sexy in the way OP is describing. Like, maybe it's a sweltering July afternoon, and crowds of sweaty bodies jostling along the too-narrow sidewalks are spilling over into the gridlocked streets. A gang of Harley riders are angrily gunning their engines, cars are honking, a massive red hull of a streetcar is slowly creeping forward. Somehow the scene is of a total standstill and a swirling chaos at the same time. And there I am in the midst of it all - narrow, nimble, very delicately vulnerable yet somehow untouchable - weaving through the gaps in the stretched out lines of hot metal hunks and the swarms of sticky human flesh, slicing through the heavy, clogged afternoon streets with the speed and freedom that's inaccessible to anyone else around save for a few fellow riders. I know the tangled bundle of streetcar tracks at Queen and Spadina has been tossed onto the pavement as if in an attempt to wedge my front wheel, I know the red polo shirt guy is about to step off the curb without looking. I am wary of gaps too wide, too inviting; of cars without turn signals on that give off every impression that their intent is to proceed straight through; of car doors that swing wide open without so much as a half-a-second warning. My apparent recklessness is in fact caution wrapped in skill, a dozen mini-calculations running through my head at every moment, automatically and almost without my awareness, while my conscious attention is free to wander and take in the sights and sounds. I am probably listening to music and mouthing the lyrics. I am at my most relaxed and most concentrated. It's flow and it's glorious, almost orgasmic.

Of course now that I typed the above I am going to forget to unclip at the next red light I encounter.
Likes For chephy:
Old 08-13-21, 05:15 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

I

Yes, we have noted this is the second thread where you have found it necessary to frantically tell people how unattractive you find shaved male legs. You came back to this thread a second time just to do it again. Still panicking much?

I find lots of stuff unattractive, but I can't imagine wanting to tell people about any of them over and over again.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 08-13-21, 05:19 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Originally Posted by chephy

Way back when one of my math profs referred to 3D modelling graphs as sexy. And it had nothing to do with the way their curves were shaped.

I've never done racing or mountain biking. But I've done a little bit of bike couriering and a lot of urban cycling. So yeah, this is my jam, and that's when I feel sexy in the way OP is describing. Like, maybe it's a sweltering July afternoon, and crowds of sweaty bodies jostling along the too-narrow sidewalks are spilling over into the gridlocked streets. A gang of Harley riders are angrily gunning their engines, cars are honking, a massive red hull of a streetcar is slowly creeping forward. Somehow the scene is of a total standstill and a swirling chaos at the same time. And there I am in the midst of it all - narrow, nimble, very delicately vulnerable yet somehow untouchable - weaving through the gaps in the stretched out lines of hot metal hunks and the swarms of sticky human flesh, slicing through the heavy, clogged afternoon streets with the speed and freedom that's inaccessible to anyone else around save for a few fellow riders. I know the tangled bundle of streetcar tracks at Queen and Spadina has been tossed onto the pavement as if in an attempt to wedge my front wheel, I know the red polo shirt guy is about to step off the curb without looking. I am wary of gaps too wide, too inviting; of cars without turn signals on that give off every impression that their intent is to proceed straight through; of car doors that swing wide open without so much as a half-a-second warning. My apparent recklessness is in fact caution wrapped in skill, a dozen mini-calculations running through my head at every moment, automatically and almost without my awareness, while my conscious attention is free to wander and take in the sights and sounds. I am probably listening to music and mouthing the lyrics. I am at my most relaxed and most concentrated. It's flow and it's glorious, almost orgasmic.

Of course now that I typed the above I am going to forget to unclip at the next red light I encounter.

Standing ovation. I know exactly what you are talking about. The funny thing about using the word sexy to me is that when I've been in that state, I'm generally so sweaty as to be somewhat repellant up close.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 08-13-21, 05:54 AM
chephy
Two H's!!! TWO!!!!!

Standing ovation. I know exactly what you are talking about. The funny thing about using the word sexy to me is that when I've been in that state, I'm generally so sweaty as to be somewhat repellant up close.
I'm lucky in that I personally don't sweat.

But yeah, this kind of sexy is not really about sex per se.
Likes For chephy:
Old 08-13-21, 06:01 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18397 Post(s)
Liked 15,493 Times in 7,316 Posts
Originally Posted by Cougrrcj

Well, at least I can laugh at myself...
Never seen the film Bad Santa? Some think that look is hot.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 08-13-21, 06:17 AM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6939 Post(s)
Liked 10,944 Times in 4,677 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Never seen the film Bad Santa? Some think that look is hot.
I forget what year that came out - I think it was 2003. I saw the movie with a couple friends on Christmas day. Perfect.
Old 08-13-21, 06:41 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

I'm lucky in that I personally don't sweat.
We know, we know, you glow.

I remember well that sense of nearly automatic chaos control in urban riding I experienced as a young man. At 60, I'm afraid my sense of mortality is a bit too acute to be as cavalier about it. My skills haven't deteriorated, but I do have to more consciously focus on what I'm doing. I also think the rise of the SUV makes the streets feel somewhat different than they did when I was young.
Old 08-13-21, 07:20 AM
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2134 Post(s)
Liked 1,643 Times in 825 Posts

I figured a few people would get hung up on that word. I had no idea so many lacked the reading comprehension skills to understand the post.
Old 08-13-21, 07:33 AM
chephy
Two H's!!! TWO!!!!!

We know, we know, you glow.
Glisten, maybe?

I remember well that sense of nearly automatic chaos control in urban riding I experienced as a young man. At 60, I'm afraid my sense of mortality is a bit too acute to be as cavalier about it. My skills haven't deteriorated, but I do have to more consciously focus on what I'm doing. I also think the rise of the SUV makes the streets feel somewhat different than they did when I was young.
Perhaps what you have gained is wisdom.

And yeah, screw SUVs.
Likes For chephy:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.