Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Triathlon
Reload this Page >

Di2 aero bar button function

Notices
Triathlon Swim / Bike / Run your thing? Drop in our new triathlon forum for the latest in training & gear. From beginner to expert, and sprint to ironman.

Old 09-28-20, 01:22 PM
hhk25

Bikes: 2017 Marinoni Tourismo Extreme, 1984 Trek 520, 1987 Niskhiki International, 2013 Brompton M6R, 2016 Brompton P6R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts

I have a new to me tri bike that has Di2 shift buttons on the ends of the aero bars. I was adjusting the indexing and I might have done something to reverse the r.d. buttons. That is, I seem to recall that the right button moved the derailleur to the right (to smaller cogs) and the left button moved the r.d. to the left. I checked a couple of Youtube videos and it seems that's the default. However, after adjustment, my buttons do the opposite. That is - right button moves the r.d. left and the left button moves the r.d. right.

I might have double clicked the junction box button at some point. Could this have made the change? As far as I know, the double clicking changes the shift modes from manual to synchro. BTW, I did not connect to the E-Tube app.

Last edited by hhk25; 09-28-20 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-04-20, 07:49 AM
r6evo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Which junction box do you have? is it the 3 or 4 port one? Does it have the wireless unit attached to it?

Double tap the button on your junction box. Every Double tap advances on gearing mode (M->S1->S2 and then back to M) So you may want to do this 2 more times to get back to the original.