Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

Custom spacer service

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Custom spacer service

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-21, 12:46 PM
oneclick 

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 1,327 Times in 783 Posts
Custom spacer service

I've made a few spacers for various people recently and there might be others who would like some.

These are made on a chinese 7x10 lathe. I'm no pro but have been playing with lathes a long time; for things like this my attitude is "perfect is the enemy of good", so you can expect functional items that are not trying to be pretty.

Axle spacers - tell me the ID and length, they are made from 1/2" nominal aluminium bar stock, I don't bother doing anything to the OD, so they are (supposed to be) 12.7mm OD. If you need an exact OD tell me.

Chainring spacers - tell me ID, thickness, and if there are any OD limits or steps required. Made from the same stock.

BB spacers - sometimes a mm or two is just what you need to move an axle one way or the other. I had to get 4 feet of tubing stock (minimum order, my BB's not that wide) for mine because all the ones I could find were 1.37" and I needed a 36mm spacer; tell me your ID and thickness, and the OD of either the BB or the cup so it will match one or the other.

Prices I'm thinking this - $8 US (includes postage in NA) will get you:

a set of 5 or 6 simple chainring spacers (plain flat ring, stock OD)
or
two bb spacers (get a spare or a different thickness just in case)
or
two axle spacers (same or different, your choice)

Since posting this in the C&V Sales forum there have been a few suggestions for other spacers (e.g. freehub/freewheel spacers) if that's what you're after or if you have more complicated requirements let me know.
Likes For oneclick: