Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Zwift - Ancient land teaser

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Zwift - Ancient land teaser

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-21, 07:42 PM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
I used to avoid any kind of race or group ride in the jungle circuit because they do punish people for using a road bike through the off road segments. I finally picked up a gravel bike thinking this would be the wise choice but found out that MTN bike was the best choice. Not sure why they went that way but whatever.
I'm looking forward to just cruising around on the Makuri Islands and then joining up for some group rides or races when they become available.
Old 05-28-21, 07:46 AM
Doomrider74

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 55 Posts
I did the tour of two towns loop last night (its all I had time for ) and I have to say its the most beautiful route on Zwift: some of the lighting was incredible.
Old 05-28-21, 07:52 AM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18373 Post(s)
Liked 4,508 Times in 3,351 Posts
Does this come with 3-D goggles and sound effects?

Motivation to ride faster?

Old 05-28-21, 08:34 AM
Doomrider74

Originally Posted by CliffordK
Does this come with 3-D goggles and sound effects?

Motivation to ride faster?

Theres already a T-Rex in Titans Grove in Waconia.
Old 05-28-21, 08:50 AM
gthomson

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Caad 8, 2010 Opus Fidelio, 1985 Peugeot UO14, 1999 Peugeot Dune, Sakai Select, L'Avantage, 1971 Gitane Apache Standard, 1999 Specialized Hard Rock

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 302 Posts
I did a quick ride through it last night and got the country loop badge, and will go for the rest this weekend maybe. The one thing I noticed though was how narrow the roads and paths are and how that might look when doing a group ride or race with a big group? Might make for a very tight peloton!

Overall thought the routes were good and enjoyed the scenery. I like the cats going through the market.
Likes For gthomson:
Old 05-28-21, 09:00 AM
Doomrider74

Beware the Spirit Forest route, though: its labeled as 8.4km with 134m of climbing, but there's a 4km lead in that adds another 116m of climbing. I thought I'd got lost
Likes For Doomrider74:
Old 05-28-21, 09:48 AM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by gthomson
I did a quick ride through it last night and got the country loop badge, and will go for the rest this weekend maybe. The one thing I noticed though was how narrow the roads and paths are and how that might look when doing a group ride or race with a big group? Might make for a very tight peloton!

Overall thought the routes were good and enjoyed the scenery. I like the cats going through the market.
Next time through I'm going to try to stop in front of a vending machine and see if I can get a can of Pocari Sweat and a manga comic book.
Likes For caloso:
Old 05-29-21, 04:44 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
Does it seem like the dust is worse in this world than in watopia? I chase people down on the downhills so I am not in a cloud of dust. It's not too bad if you are on someone's wheel, but where's the fun in that?

Originally Posted by Doomrider74
Beware the Spirit Forest route, though: its labeled as 8.4km with 134m of climbing, but there's a 4km lead in that adds another 116m of climbing. I thought I'd got lost
There is one in watopia like that. First time I rode it, I quit because I had ridden long enough and thought I wasn't going to get the route badge anyway. Then I found out about the 4.5km of lead-in
Old 05-29-21, 06:14 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
Does it seem like the dust is worse in this world than in watopia? I chase people down on the downhills so I am not in a cloud of dust. It's not too bad if you are on someone's wheel, but where's the fun in that?

There is one in watopia like that. First time I rode it, I quit because I had ridden long enough and thought I wasn't going to get the route badge anyway. Then I found out about the 4.5km of lead-in
Hadn't noticed when I rode in there but then it is virtual dust so it wouldn't have bothered me anyway.
Old 05-29-21, 06:43 PM
Doomrider74

Originally Posted by unterhausen

As someone who has spent a fair amount of time riding in the Whistler bike park, a little bit of virtual dust doesn't bother me. I get a little virtual cough afterwards, but it virtually goes away pretty quickly
Likes For Doomrider74:
Old 05-30-21, 01:03 AM
atwl77
Kamen Rider

Bikes: Fuji Transonic Elite, Marechal Soul Ultimate, Dahon Dash Altena

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 164 Posts
Originally Posted by Doomrider74
In general, Zwift usually gives out the route achievements as you pass under the arches (of that route).
I didn't think much of it at first, until I passed the starting point of that route and then realised the nearest arch was right at the top of the tree.
Old 05-30-21, 10:40 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
The zwift insider route checklist has been updated, so no excuses for not noticing the 2.5 miles that don't count. I wish
PDF warning
https://zwiftinsider.com/wp-content/...VAuWA8ZIBw-rb4
Old 05-30-21, 11:17 AM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
Finished the last route I needed to complete them all today. So glad I don’t have the clim the Temple KOM for a while. 🤣Other badges to get.
Likes For Ed Wiser: