Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

mystery bolt-on.

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

mystery bolt-on.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-21, 12:00 PM
'02 nrs

Bikes: 1938 claud butler,1983 Basso,teledyne titan,teocali super,nrs,1993 stumpjumper fsr,Paramountain,Paramount Buell(sold),4 banger,Zaskar LE,Colnago Master Ibex MTB,1987ish,.etc....

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 2,962 Times in 1,492 Posts
mystery bolt-on.

anyone recognize the apparatus to the rear of the BB where a kickstand would normally mount? appears a wire leading to the area with a ziptie holding it to the downtube possibly.maybe a generator feeding off the rear tire?

Old 09-22-21, 12:24 PM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
Generator for a light. Soubitez used to sell one. Flick the lever to touch the tire and bring power to the light.
Old 09-22-21, 05:06 PM
JohnDThompson 
Old fart

Bikes: Several, mostly not name brands.

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 3583 Post(s)
Liked 3,395 Times in 1,929 Posts
Yes, a bottom bracket mounted dynamo. Soubitez made one, Sanyo made a similar one. I like them better than the sidewall-driven bottle dynamos. No chance of them coming loose and landing in the spokes, either.
Old 09-25-21, 07:08 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3129 Post(s)
Liked 1,698 Times in 1,026 Posts
I was just talking about Assenmacher frames a couple of weeks ago…they’re the only reason I know where Swartz Creek is! Well, not the only, as I did route Indian Trials buses for awhile, but the first reason!