Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

RD Coyote Three

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

RD Coyote Three

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-21, 07:11 AM
Alexander.S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RD Coyote Three

Hello,
First of all, I have to start by apologizing for my poor English, but I hope I make myself understood anyway.

I am from Sweden and found this forum when I tried to find info about a bike I "accidentally" bought.
Found an old advertising bike from Novell Inc which I planned to make an easier conversion into a gravel bike for commuting, but after starting to scrape off the stickers I saw that it was another color under the red one.
Changed the knife blade to wet sandpaper to find out what was hidden, to my surprise I found a Research Dynamics Coyote Three =)

So the goal has changed and I now want to do a complete renovation, repaint in original purple metallic and so on.
I found the font on the top tube and the coyote should probably be able to recreate using Photoshop.
The problem is to recreate the logo that sits on the head tube,

What I wonder is if anyone has better pictures or even has the logo in some other digital format?
I am of course interested in all fonts, logos, etc.

Since I´m not allowed to post pictures or links I will attached that later.

Regards
Alexander
Old 09-20-21, 07:35 AM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked 1,018 Times in 664 Posts
Welcome Alexander.S . We all have accidentally bought a bike. You can post pictures to your personal gallery and someone may be able to move the image(s) here.
Old 09-20-21, 07:59 AM
Alexander.S

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you.
Yes not first time I bought a bike by accident, quess N+1 is an international term on how many bikes you need.
Old 09-20-21, 08:04 AM
Alexander.S

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can't even link to my own album.
But those who are interested can find some pictures under my profile.
Old 09-20-21, 08:08 AM
Dylansbob 
2k miles from the midwest

Bikes: ~'75 Colin Laing, '80s Schwinn SuperSport 650b, ex-Backroads ti project...

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked 931 Times in 446 Posts
Ok, I had a Coyote 2 in college many years ago and here's what I know.

Research Dynamics was a ski company in the late 80s early 90s based in Idaho, USA. They dabbed in the mtb market for a season or two, probably '92 or so. Not sure if they were ever sold via bike shops or just ski shops/mail order. There were steel frames made in Taiwan and alloy frames that I remember being made somewhere odd, but I don't remember where. Maybe Caloi from Brasil? They didn't sell too well and I got mine in '93 new in the box from a sporting goods retailer that specialized in closeouts. My RD Coyote 2 had an Alivio drivetrain with an SR Duotrack elastomer fork with approximately 30mm of travel. I think there was a model lower in their heirarchy and I know there were fairly high-spec alloy models available.

Sorry no pics, that was a long time ago.
Old 10-14-21, 04:41 PM
maaakaaa

Bikes: 2011 Giant TranceX, 2015 Ralleigh Rumson, early 1990s Gitane CX, 1993 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1992 Bianchi Project-3, 1994 Norco Blitz

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I can help with a photo of the head tube badge and the overall bike. Photos aren’t great since it is currently in the back corner of my garage and the reflector blocks the angle a bit.