Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

St Malo to Morocco

Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

St Malo to Morocco

Old 08-07-14, 04:42 AM
D_GRAY

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
St Malo to Morocco

Hello Bike Forum community!

A friend and myself are this summer cycling our first tour from St Malo to Morocco (via Gib). We'll be camping mostly, and looking to cover 80-100 miles a day. Whilst we're looking to take a fairly scenic route, our main priority will be the distances covered each day to ensure we stay on schedule. I have some questions for you guys.

1) Can anyone recommend some accomodation in St Malo? Our ferry from weymouth arrives fairly late (20:40) and therefore we wont have much time to cycle out of the city and find accomodation. Has anybody had this issue with a late ferry before, and could recommend a hostel/ hotel for two people in the city.

2) Has anybody done a similar route or sections of it whilst covering similar distances. We're not sure whether the French cycle paths will be quick enough (i.e. avoiding stopping and starting). What avg speeds have people done on similar routes. Can people recommend various routes/ roads and pyrenees crossings.

Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance guys.
Old 08-07-14, 04:52 AM
alan s 

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1496 Post(s)
Liked 189 Times in 128 Posts
Welcome! Cannot offer advice other than you may want to look at CGOAB for answers to your specific questions.
Old 08-07-14, 05:00 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2732 Post(s)
Liked 953 Times in 784 Posts
St Malo has, or used to have, a nice enough campground right near the port if I recall. Stayed there many years ago but arrived by bike and dont remember the details.
An interwebs search will turn it up as I expect its still there, being such a touristy spot.