Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Looking for information

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Looking for information

Old 09-19-21, 07:05 PM
Cglobus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for information

Hi all,

I’m in the process of cleaning out my parents’ garage and am hoping to be able to tap into your expertise. They purchased an electric bike 10 or so years ago, never really used it, and would like to clear it out but can’t recall anything about it. I called the local Trek dealer with the serial number and was told that it’s a “2009 7.3 FX+ assist” but can’t seem to find any information about that model online; as far as I can tell, Trek didn’t start making the FX+ bikes until 2010. Does anyone have any additional information about this model? I know nothing about electric bikes, so any idea as to what a reasonable ballpark asking price on Craigslist would be? Thanks in advance.

-Clint
Old 09-19-21, 09:23 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4250 Post(s)
Liked 3,861 Times in 2,577 Posts
I love all the pictures posted and the tons of info provided. Always super helpful trying to figure out mystery bikes. It sounds like your local trek dealer has tons of info. If you are into bikes you should post around so you can post pictures otherwise google is your friend.
Old 09-20-21, 09:52 AM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 268 Times in 189 Posts
A quick search brings up a blue book estimate.I rated it at the bottom tier, because it will need a new battery.

https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/valu...product/19884/

Nice looking bike. It's better, in my opinion, than a modern ebike because it's based on a light trek frame. All it needs a a new battery, which will have to be a third party battery. I'd give 200 bucks for it. I'd spend $100 on new electronics. and $#200-400 for a battery,
Old 09-20-21, 03:57 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 603 Posts
Agree with DW, nice looking bike and (to me) Trek exemplifies quality. Only potential problem MIGHT BE the motor looks like BionX which Trek used for awhile, and could require extensive work to deprogram. Probably DW is up to the task.
Old 09-20-21, 05:37 PM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 268 Times in 189 Posts
It's Bionx? Yikes. Lower my offer. Now it needs a new motor, plus controller, plus battery.
Likes For Doc_Wui: