Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello for Arkansas

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello for Arkansas

Old 11-17-21, 02:00 PM
Lastmohecken

Bikes: CB4 COGBURN FAT TIRE MOUNTAIN BIKE, with severe modifications

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Hello for Arkansas

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking around a little and decided to join the forum. I am not much of a bicycle rider, although I would like to be. However, I have been a Harley rider for many years. I have only owned a couple of bicycles in my adult life. I had a Diamondback Mountain bike back in my early 30's which I seemed to get along with pretty good back then, but rode it mostly on pavement in town for exercise and to be with my young son while he was learning to ride a bike, at the time. Fast Forward to the present, 30 years later and I live on the farm I grew up on, and need to ride the gravel roads and fields a little bit for exercise.

I am a bit overweight and although I am active on the farm, raising cattle, cutting firewood, and fixing fence, etc. I wouldn't say that I was in nearly as good a shape as I should or would like to be. At 64 years old, at least I can still ride a bicycle but I an not going to win any endurance raced for sure. A few years ago, I bought a Phat tire bike called the Cogburn, which is sort of a mountain bike with fat tires. They don't make that particular bike anymore but there are still a lot of bikes around, which are fairly similar.

I am not into speed or long distance, and focus mostly on just getting a small workout, in comfort, and I have struggled with that. Having a bit of a belly on me, and being a little overweight, I have found that getting comfortable has been a challenge, and if it hurts every time I get on the bike, I don't want to ride much. However, being a fabricator most or my life, (retired now) I have recently made several changes to the bike and now find it a lot more comfortable to ride. I moved the seat back several inches and put ape hangers on the bike. This gives me a much more upright position on the bike (more like a cruiser or Beach bike, I guess) and I think I am almost there for this bike. After I get enough posts in, to post a picture, I will open a thread on it, just to get some input on it.

I am also kind of interested in acquiring a heavy duty E-bike, because I have a lot of hills to climb to go much of anywhere. Anything that gets me on a bike at all is probably a good thing. So, I am looking forward to seeing what I can learn from you guys on here.
Old 11-17-21, 02:14 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Howdy! Welcome to the gang.
Old 11-17-21, 05:58 PM
Lastmohecken

Bikes: CB4 COGBURN FAT TIRE MOUNTAIN BIKE, with severe modifications

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts