Old 05-19-22, 08:18 PM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Join the Houston Energy Corridor Cycling Club

Hey anyone living on the west side! I've been working with the Energy Corridor District to create a new cycling club. Since losing Bicycle World on Memorial/Dairy Ashford Rd, the Energy Corridor has not had a cycling presence. I've been leading my neighborhood group for the last year and a half but have decided to expand it to the entire Energy Corridor area. It's just getting up and running, but I am hopeful eventually we'll have a lot of cyclists of all ages and abilities.

I've created a Facebook group, here, so please join if you're on FB, as I will post rides and other info/updates there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/eccchtx

The Energy Corridor hasn't said they'll sponsor the group...yet. But they are happy to help me out with spreading the word in their publications, etc - so I've got a good relationship started up with them. If I can get enough participants, I've got design ideas for club jerseys, etc. Hoping they'll maybe help sponsor the first batch of those, too.

I've got plenty of rides planned - from quick-paced group rides, to casual breakfast taco rides, to family/kids exploring new paths outside their neighborhoods. Most rides will be no-drop rides, with a top speed of 15-17mph. I want to encourage timid riders to try group rides and not be scared away by the balls-to-the-wall group rides you always see. My dream is to get folks in the Energy Corridor on bikes and exploring the area, and joining me in my constant bike advocacy fight.

Anyway, I don't have a website or anything yet, so the Facebook group is the place to go for now. Rides will also be posted on the Chasing Watts app/website. This Saturday is an intro Taco Ride!

I know there's plenty of Houston folks here, so I hope to see you out there! Leave any questions/ideas in this thread!
Likes For the sci guy: