Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

130mm Cinelli 1R, newer logo, good clamp wedge

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-21, 09:58 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts

Excellent condition, barely used, good wedge clamper thingy, all bolts good, very few scuffs visible when inserted into bike. 26.4 bar diameter. 130mm extension.

$95 shipped CONUS. Venmo preferred. Can also take Paypal (F&F only), crypto, cash in an envelope, USPS money order, or barter for a colorful anodized MTB brakeset.

Old 11-26-21, 10:15 PM
machinist42
mycocyclist

Bikes: 1964 Schwinn Paramount P-13 DeLuxe, 1964 Schwinn Sport Super Sport, 1972 Falcon San Remo, 1974 Maserati MT-1, 1974 Raleigh International, 1984 Lotus Odyssey, 198? Rossin Ghibli, 1990 LeMond Le Vanquer (sic), 1991 Specialized Allez Transition Pro, +

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 449 Posts
Are the quill stem bolt and wedge steel, or aluminum on this example?

How about the bar wedge and accompanying bolt?

(I inquire as a recently acquired rider came equipped with a 1R stem featuring a (seized and now drilled out) aluminum stem bolt. The conical wedge is aluminum too, as are the bar wedge and its bolt. The threading for the aluminum stem bolt seems to be "Fine" as opposed to not, as it does not match up with other Cinelli steel stem bolts, and they don't thread into the aluminum conical expander. I only have the one 1R so don't know if the steel version of the stem bolt is finely, like 26tpi, threaded or not. So I seek some data, if you don't mind, please?
Also, you might want to specify in your posting whether those bolts are steel or aluminum, and perhaps the weight of the 1R?)
Old 11-27-21, 10:02 AM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by machinist42
Are the quill stem bolt and wedge steel, or aluminum on this example?
Quill expander and bolt are aluminum. They are 8mm diameter, 1mm pitch.

You know, maybe this quill expander bolt is an OMAS. It doesn't say anything, but its size and shape and pitch and hex are consistent with what I have seen for OMAS bolts.

How about the bar wedge and accompanying bolt?
The bar clamper thingy is aluminum or some type of pot metal. The wedge and bolt are some flavor of stainless: very slightly magnetic. They are 7mm diameter. The threads are very fine - 0.75mm pitch. This is consistent with good practices for stainless, as coarse threads have more of a tendency to gall.

(I inquire as a recently acquired rider came equipped with a 1R stem featuring a (seized and now drilled out) aluminum stem bolt. The conical wedge is aluminum too, as are the bar wedge and its bolt. The threading for the aluminum stem bolt seems to be "Fine" as opposed to not, as it does not match up with other Cinelli steel stem bolts, and they don't thread into the aluminum conical expander. I only have the one 1R so don't know if the steel version of the stem bolt is finely, like 26tpi, threaded or not. So I seek some data, if you don't mind, please?
Also, you might want to specify in your posting whether those bolts are steel or aluminum, and perhaps the weight of the 1R?)
Maybe the aluminum bar clamp wedge bolt you had was also an OMAS replacement. Interestingly, the hexes on both bolts of this stem are 6mm. This is thoughtful of Cinelli. you don't have to carry a weird or large size allen wrench. The weight is 287g. Remember it's a 130mm so it's gonna be heavy. More than the 1A with Arnold Industries or OMAS bolts, but less than the stock 1A.

I have a set of Arnold Industries bolts for the 1A and they are also fine threaded, I believe. I've seen fine threads on the steel wedge and clamp bolt on some 3ttt stems. And with the Whitworth and British Association threads on my Taylor and the SI threads on my French stuff, I guess nothing surprises me anymore.