Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

(2022/23) GT Grade has 74.5degree STA for all frame sizes?

Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Old 01-11-23, 08:15 PM
SWHroadie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The GT website indicates all sizes of what I suppose is the 2022/23 Grade has a STA of 74.5degrees. If you search '2019 GT Grade', you get a link to GT that
indicates all sizes had a STA of 73degrees. Did GT actually go 1.5degree steeper on the latest model?

Compared to the typical, 74.5 is pretty steep on the bigger frames. Does anyone own a current model GT, or maybe seen one on the dealer floor, that can confirm the steeper angle?

FWIW, I ride a 56/58, and am interested in a steeper STA than the usual 73-73.5. I've have attempted to contact GT, but haven't heard back.

Thanks for any info.
Mike
Old 01-12-23, 07:55 AM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1871 Post(s)
Liked 689 Times in 467 Posts
Dang, that's steep even for a road bike. I'd be very interested in this, 73 degree st angles put me too far back.
Likes For shoota:
Old 01-12-23, 08:38 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10902 Post(s)
Liked 7,393 Times in 4,148 Posts
Thats a steep STA, a long front center, a relaxed fork, and a long wheelbase. The trail number on their largest 3 sizes is quite low relative to basically all production gravel bikes right now too.
Very interesting combo of numbers