Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

FS: Jobst Brandt - The Bicycle Wheel Book; 3rd Edition

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-23, 05:38 PM
The Thin Man 

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 243 Times in 114 Posts

For sale is Jobst Brandt's legendary book on wheel building. I bought this book new and even though it is excellent for reference, I really just don't use it.

It is in very good condition though there is a considerable amount of pencil markings throughout.

Price: $ SOLD $ (net, through PayPal, Venmo or Zelle) includes shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.

Last edited by The Thin Man; 02-20-23 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-20-23, 07:15 PM
bwilli88 
Not lost wanderer.

Bikes: In USA; 73 Raleigh Super Course dingle speed, 72 Raleigh Gran Sport SS, 72 Geoffry Butler, 81 Centurion Pro-Tour, 74 Gugie Grandier Sportier

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked 990 Times in 522 Posts
I will take it.
PM incoming
Shipped to PA
Old 03-22-23, 01:10 PM
MeganCook
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Hey bwilli88 and The Thin Man man, have you got the deal? Or is the book still available?
Old 03-22-23, 02:26 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
Liked 6,378 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by MeganCook
Hey bwilli88 and The Thin Man man, have you got the deal? Or is the book still available?
It is sold.
Likes For merziac:
Old 03-22-23, 04:09 PM
The Thin Man 

If there is one gripe I have about the BikeForums system is that we are not able to delete ads. Therefore we keep the For Sale area digitally cluttered with ads that are long gone. It's also a time waster for people who see the ad and hope to find out more about an item for sale. A person clicks, see's "SOLD", clicks back to the main forum. Sure, it's only two clicks and probably 5-10 seconds out of your life but after a few hundred times, it starts to add up.
Old 03-22-23, 05:40 PM
oneclick 

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 1,328 Times in 784 Posts
Originally Posted by The Thin Man
If there is one gripe I have about the BikeForums system is that we are not able to delete ads. Therefore we keep the For Sale area digitally cluttered with ads that are long gone. It's also a time waster for people who see the ad and hope to find out more about an item for sale. A person clicks, see's "SOLD", clicks back to the main forum. Sure, it's only two clicks and probably 5-10 seconds out of your life but after a few hundred times, it starts to add up.
I like the keeping-of-ads, as
a) (assuming the seller does not remove the figure) it provides a record of prices; and
b) there is often other useful information in either the original post or the follow-ups.
Likes For oneclick:
Old 03-22-23, 05:47 PM
The Thin Man 

After a sale, I, along with many others, remove the pricing, imagery and some even clear out the body entirely so it just says, "SOLD".

There is nothing anyone has yet to say to convince me that an ad that has past its useful life is nothing but, useless, DIGITAL CLUTTER.

Originally Posted by oneclick
I like the keeping-of-ads, as
a) (assuming the seller does not remove the figure) it provides a record of prices; and
b) there is often other useful information in either the original post or the follow-ups.

Last edited by The Thin Man; 03-22-23 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-24-23, 03:09 AM
Mackers

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 141 Posts
Inflates forum stats though which likely is why certain forums keep them around.
Old 03-24-23, 05:14 AM
oneclick 

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 1,328 Times in 784 Posts
Originally Posted by Mackers
Inflates forum stats though which likely is why certain forums keep them around.
Possibly, but that's of little value compared to the information in the ad thread - a price, frequently indicators of condition, even sometimes knowlege that such an items exists (and should it be sold, the viewer of the listing would know to look for another).

But prices are the most valuable - it means that buyers can know the market, and sellers don't find themselves constantly reducing their prices to make things more lucrative (well, less for them, but they were obviously wrong to start with).
Old 03-25-23, 04:20 AM
MeganCook
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Anyway, it's a pity the book is sold(( I've needed some info from it. Maybe I should check a source that I use for my study books for college. I read here some research about manuals and book I use to learn engineering and something tells me that https://edubirdie.com/edit-my-paper can help me with this one too. By the way, I ask these experts frequently to write my paper when I don't manage to do all the tasks for my educational courses. I hope this will be useful for someone else too.

Last edited by MeganCook; 03-30-23 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-25-23, 07:40 AM
bwilli88 
Not lost wanderer.

Bikes: In USA; 73 Raleigh Super Course dingle speed, 72 Raleigh Gran Sport SS, 72 Geoffry Butler, 81 Centurion Pro-Tour, 74 Gugie Grandier Sportier

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked 990 Times in 522 Posts
Anyway, it's a pity the book is sold(( I've needed some info from it...
I would help you out with the info but it was sent to my home in PA but I am right now living in Cambodia and I will not be back until Aug
Old 03-25-23, 09:07 PM
panzerwagon 
Garage tetris expert

Bikes: A few. Ok, a lot

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 329 Posts
Anyway, it's a pity the book is sold(( I've needed some info from it...
I have the same book, feel free to send a PM for what info you need.