Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from Great Falls, VA, USA

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-21, 04:36 PM
sbrudno

Bikes: Motobecane Grand Record, Motobecane Super Mirage (3x5 speeds), Motobecane Mirage, Atala (unknown model), Peugeot mixte frame Tourist and Schwinn Sport. A bunch more kids bikes. Most recently a Trek Verve One, tricked up for serious touring.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 29 Posts

I have been cycling since I was a kid in New Jersey in the 1950s. In high school I did some centuries and short road trips. In college at the University of Virginia I would ride up to Monticello on a regular basis (up hill for sure) and cycled to McLean, VA to see my to become wife. When we were in medical school, I rode to work every day. During training (pediatrics then newborn intensive care) I did some riding to work but mostly just training. My favorite road trip was from Georgetown to Harpers Ferry to Front Royal to Big meadows (Shenandoah National Park). I have had multiple bikes but my favorite (AKA Thunderball Crease Slapper the Fourth) which was a successor to Thunderball Crease Slapper the Third which was stolen from my car in medical school. This was the best bike I have ever had: Motobecane Grand Record which I upgraded to all Campagnolo components and road everywhere. I still have it and it rides just as well as in 1976 when I bought it. My current projects are an Atala with Campy equipment, and a Motobecane Super Mirage with combination of Motobecane (labelled) and Campy gear. I love working on bicycles and had once thought of opening "Doc's Bike Shop" but my career direction changed.

Last edited by sbrudno; 12-02-21 at 09:54 AM.
Likes For sbrudno:
Old 10-28-21, 09:56 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Hello and Welcome DOC from a Texas Rider

Very Nice Intro.