Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Wedge EBB

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-23, 12:26 PM
nanaimoduo
back in the saddle

Bikes: Norco Fiori Adventura, KHS flite 100, Devinci Copenhagen, Pedego City Commuter,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wedge EBB

I reviewed the tandem pages and couldn't find the information I was looking for.

I was recently given a tandem (Norco fiori Adventura - budget) frame and parts . The EBB pinch bolt holes are stripped and I am going use a wedge type EBB instead of trying to resurrect the bolt holes.

The only two viable options I can find are YST from Taiwan and Bushnell. The Bushnell is beautiful but beyond the budget .

Is there another option?
Does anyone have any experience with the YST?

Thanks.
Old 02-21-23, 05:27 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2494 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Hmm. It seems to me that whatever eccentric you use it has to be compatible with a pinch bolt shell. That to my mind says the pinch bolt mechanism needs to work. Not sure how you get around that except resurrect the bolt holes. But maybe you can put some links or photos to what you have and what you want. I and others here have a fair amount of imagination but the pump needs to be primed. Good luck.
Old 02-21-23, 06:09 PM
nanaimoduo
back in the saddle

Bikes: Norco Fiori Adventura, KHS flite 100, Devinci Copenhagen, Pedego City Commuter,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
it turns out that my EBB is not a pinch bolt but rather grub screw.

I was mistaken, as I thought, they were both the same name.

I ordered the YST as I want to get this built in a reasonable amount of time end it will take several weeks to get from England to Vancouver Island.

it doesn’t look as robust as the Bushnell, but we won’t be putting nearly as much torque on it as the bike will be electric assist.

Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Hmm. It seems to me that whatever eccentric you use it has to be compatible with a pinch bolt shell. That to my mind says the pinch bolt mechanism needs to work. Not sure how you get around that except resurrect the bolt holes. But maybe you can put some links or photos to what you have and what you want. I and others here have a fair amount of imagination but the pump needs to be primed. Good luck.