Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

New bike lanes on bridges in NYC

Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

New bike lanes on bridges in NYC

Old 09-11-22, 03:46 PM
dendawg

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by hotbike

Bridge photos

Is it open? Is that what you’re saying?

I hope so too. Is the ramp open yet? When did it open, last week?
Good new, driving home the other day on the HHP I noticed that the scaffolding for the cable work on the north side is coming down. Bad news is that the NJ side looks like it might be a couple of up and down helixes to cross the PIP. Still better than all those stairs. And the north side walkway will be shared unti the cable work on the south side is finished
Old 09-12-22, 06:36 PM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 456 Times in 358 Posts
I won't miss the hairpin turn on the current entrance to the GWB. It's great that they built the ramps on the north side but building a better ramp on the south side should've been done years ago There was plenty of room for one and could've been done in a few months, not the years it is taking now.
Old 09-13-22, 05:45 AM
will be was

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 14 Posts
GWB ramps

if you ever used GWB bus station It took Port Authority 4 years to rehabilitee GWB bus station terminals.
Elderly people had to walk up 50 to 60 steps up. No elevators or escalators, stand in the open air in the winter waiting for bus.
So be patient things go slow at the PA agency. Unless it is major real estate deal like the new world trade center, it finishes in record time with funds going from other bridges and tunnels.