Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Vintage Marilu Folding Bike clamp/pin needed

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 03-22-23, 08:42 PM
Doreen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I lost the clamp that holds my bike together when in use. I'm not even sure that it's called a clamp. Anyone have an extra, or know something that can be used as a substitute? I'm not able to post a photo, because I'm new to the forum. It's the piece that has a large wing nut on it, that allows you to fold and unfold the bike.
Old 03-23-23, 09:13 AM
thumpism 
Bikes are okay, I guess.

Bikes: Waterford Paramount Touring, Giant CFM-2, Raleigh Sports 3-speeds in M23 & L23, Schwinn Cimarron oddball build, Marin Palisades Trail dropbar conversion, Nishiki Cresta GT

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2647 Post(s)
Liked 2,446 Times in 1,557 Posts
Welcome. Someone will Google what that piece looks like while you accumulate ten posts so you can post a pic of your bike. We'll figure this out.

*edit*

This looks like a generic Italian folder that's been sold under dozens of brand names. Without closer examination that is my guess. I think you'd be safe finding the same part for a Chiorda or an Amica or any of those brands. Probably.

Last edited by thumpism; 03-23-23 at 09:22 AM.