Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cycling dreams

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Cycling dreams

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-20, 08:10 PM
Germanrazor

Bikes: Trek Madone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 54 Posts
Yes.....Eddie will not give up.

Maybe someone here will figure that one out!!!!

in case you can’t figure it out then here is a hint:

Last edited by Germanrazor; 08-09-20 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-27-20, 10:02 AM
woodcraft

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1814 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 569 Posts
Riding with two friends, and about to go off the road onto a poorly maintained trail.

I borrow friend's tri bike, and marvel at how complex and heavy it is. A short test ride shows that the saddle nose is way too wide, and I fuss with adjusting the bars/armrests.

I realize that there are fold- out pontoons, kickstand-like, for riding the swim portion of a triathlon.
Old 11-17-21, 09:45 PM
woodcraft

Riding along, and decide to ride in the river. Find an opening in the bushes, and turn onto dirt track. The water is further away than I expected with dirt and plants, and a few tire tracks, in soft mud at the waters edge. I enter the water, avoiding several large crayfish, and turn downstream when I get out to the middle. The water is just above axle height & I ride slowly from the water and soft bottom- there is little splashing from the cranks/pedals. I consider whether this is a problem for wheel & BB bearings, and decide it is not.
Old 11-18-21, 05:51 AM
Colorado Kid

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 82 Posts
I had the wildest dream the other night. I was in Heaven. One day, I sat down on the curb and put my head on my heads. Jesus came over and said, "Why are you so down? This is Heaven." I know, Lord but I miss my bicycle and I don't know anyone here. The Lord reached around him and produced a new, Pearl White bike with Gold lined Lugs. I picked it up. It was light as a feather. Jesus said, "The bike club is meeting just down the road. Why don't you ride down there and meet the folks. You'll find lots of new friends." I thanked the Lord and road down the street happy again to be on a new bike and riding with some new friends.
Likes For Colorado Kid:
Old 11-21-21, 08:51 PM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 776 Posts
I had a dream where I was cycling through an Italian Villa. It was beautiful, but I continued on down the road and found myself next to an erupting volcano, with hot lava flowing right next to the road!

Oh, wait. That was Watopia in Zwift.

Never mind.
Old 11-22-21, 12:47 PM
Broctoon
Super-duper Genius

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 984 Times in 508 Posts
Saturday night I had a long, complicated dream that involved a lot of different settings and activities, including biking.

At one point, I was riding down a road with a steep descent and lots of curves. I got up to a scary speed and tried braking to slow myself, but the brakes did not work very well. My front brake was weak, and the rear one did nothing. I was desperately trying to figure out what to do, when I came to a sharp curve and couldn’t turn fast enough to stay on the road. I went off the pavement and fell down a very steep, high embankment—probably 50 to 100 feet.

This was one of those panicked, nightmare moments that seem very real and usually end with me waking suddenly, except this time I didn’t wake, and the dream continued. As I was falling, I thought, “This is going to be bad… I’ll probably break my leg, just like the last time this happened.” (In reality, I’ve never had a crash like this, and have never broken my leg in a crash.)

Miraculously, I survived the fall and continued riding. Now the concern became figuring out how to avoid embarrassment when my friends caught up with me. I wanted to make it appear as though nothing was wrong and I’d meant to go off the road. The dream got kind of foggy at this point and went in a different direction.
Old 11-23-21, 10:28 PM
woodcraft

Originally Posted by Broctoon
Saturday night I had a long, complicated dream that involved a lot of different settings and activities, including biking.

At one point, I was riding down a road with a steep descent and lots of curves. I got up to a scary speed and tried braking to slow myself, but the brakes did not work very well. My front brake was weak, and the rear one did nothing. I was desperately trying to figure out what to do, when I came to a sharp curve and couldn’t turn fast enough to stay on the road. I went off the pavement and fell down a very steep, high embankment—probably 50 to 100 feet.

This was one of those panicked, nightmare moments that seem very real and usually end with me waking suddenly, except this time I didn’t wake, and the dream continued. As I was falling, I thought, “This is going to be bad… I’ll probably break my leg, just like the last time this happened.” (In reality, I’ve never had a crash like this, and have never broken my leg in a crash.)

Miraculously, I survived the fall and continued riding. Now the concern became figuring out how to avoid embarrassment when my friends caught up with me. I wanted to make it appear as though nothing was wrong and I’d meant to go off the road. The dream got kind of foggy at this point and went in a different direction.

Good one!
Old 11-23-21, 10:52 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 892 Post(s)
Liked 2,053 Times in 1,074 Posts
Variation of the all-to-common dream of finding myself somewhere with no pants on - in this case having ridden to work.
Old 02-07-22, 10:32 AM
woodcraft

Set out for ~40 mile group ride, but on returning late afternoon, find that I've ridden 180. think that I should eat something & go back out for another 20. Contemplate eating the last hamburger on the food table.
Old 02-08-22, 02:55 PM
Broctoon
Super-duper Genius

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 984 Times in 508 Posts
Anyone seen Mulholland Drive? Some of my dreams make this movie seem pretty logical and consistent.

In my dream last night, I found myself outside in some semi-desert wilderness area, on a fat bike. It had HUGE tires, like the size used on Yamaha TW-200 motorcycles. They had very low air pressure, almost nothing in the front and pretty squishy rear as well. [I know what prompted this dream. Yesterday I was working on one of my bikes, refreshing the tubeless sealant. Its tires are only 700x35, but they're the widest ones I have on any bike. I pumped them up and had to remind myself they don't need nearly as much pressure as my others.] I thought I'd see if the fat bike handles okay in spite of the ridiculously wide tires, so I started riding over some bumps and little hills. It was super fun. It did not feel heavy or sluggish and actually went pretty fast with minimal pedaling effort. My mother appeared in the dream, so I started showing off to her. I went up some steep hills and made some quick turns. I was having a great time. I rode up to a big concrete building and became aware that it housed a guide service, which probably outfitted me with the bike. Some people were turning in their equipment and another group was about to head out for a tour. I didn't want to pay for whatever service I had used, so I tried to sneak the bike into the building and then duck out before they noticed me. Someone saw me and knew what I was doing, but they didn't care. They told me I could go and I didn't owe any money.

Then I was travelling with some friends, and we went to a museum. I saw a beautiful girl sitting in the lobby. She was thin, very healthy, in her 20s, and dressed very pretty. [I'm 52, happily married, and not exactly a Brad Pitt look-alike.] This girl had perfect skin, long brown hair, and red lipstick and fingernails. She wore a black dress with floral print, knee length and cut very low in the front, black nylons, and black spike heels. I couldn't resist the urge to talk to her, so I went over and said hi. She started flirting with me, and I realized she wanted to hook up. I didn't understand why she'd be interested in me, but I felt very flattered and decided to go with it. She smiled and asked me, "Do you like taking dates to the museum?" It occurred to me that I was about to make a huge mistake. I looked at her, thought about my response for a few seconds, and said, "No. I'm here alone today, but if I wanted to take someone, it would be my WIFE!" She did not get angry about this, but she left me alone. I still did not know why she wanted me, but I was very glad that I'd made the right choice.

Suddenly, I was at home in bed, and I heard my family arriving. I was trying to hide my arms under the covers, but I wasn't sure why. I looked and discovered I was wearing two arm casts, and I thought my family would be angry with me. I thought they would give me a hard time for being out and about with broken arms, when I should have been at home taking it easy so I could heal. I realized I could not hide the casts from them for long, so I decided to let them see but to pretend I'd been there the whole time. I took my arms out of the covers as they came into the room, and right at that moment I awoke. For a few seconds I tried to process what was happening, what was real, and what was just a dream. I actually had to move my arms around and check them to confirm there were no casts. I felt relieved, partly because my arms were not actually broken, but more because this meant I would not get in trouble.

Yesterday I went to the dentist and got two crowns installed. They feel a little weird; it always takes me a few days to get used to something like this. Upon waking this morning, the second thing I became conscious of (after finding my arms were fine) was that I had been grinding my teeth. My jaw was still clenched, and I recalled another dream I'd had, mixed in somehow with the ones described above. In it, I returned to the dentist to get my crowns checked. My dentist's receptionist is a pretty good looking young lady with long brown hair. I confess when I was talking with her in real life I had some brief impure thoughts about her. [No chance this infused my subconscious with some guilt, right?] She doesn't really look like the girl in my museum dream, but close. When I showed up at her reception desk in the dream, she smiled to reveal some metal hardware. I couldn't tell if it was braces, a retainer, or just some kind of piercing. I obsessed over her smile briefly, not wanting to embarrass her by staring, but unable to look away. She told me not to grind my teeth, and though she didn't explicitly state it, I understood that if I did not obey, they would put similar hardware in my mouth. I felt kind of ambivalent about this. I didn't want to damage my recent dental work, but the girl gave me an attractive impression of this orthodontic stuff, whatever it was. Processing all this upon waking, I was relieved to understand I would not need some kind of braces just because I'm not gentle enough with my new crowns, and I knew this when I recalled that the real world receptionist did not have any such thing, just a nice, regular smile.

What a bunch of baggage my brain is trying to sort out as I sleep! I need to ride my bike more, or maybe less. Maybe I need to actually break my arm and be completely honest about it, for some catharsis. I definitely don't need to go chasing beautiful young ladies--not that I ever have, but it would seem my subconscious thinks otherwise. Finally, I should probably make a habit of brushing and flossing better. Always afraid the hygienist is going to send me on a guilt trip for not taking good enough care of my teeth, though she's actually really nice. I don't know if I want to sleep tonight or not. If I could just dream about riding my bike, that'd be fine. All this other stuff leaves me feeling more stressed than refreshed.

Last edited by Broctoon; 02-08-22 at 03:16 PM.