Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

RideWithGPS route display problem

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-23, 09:10 PM
Adrian99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi. I have starting using the RideWithGPS App on my Android smartphone for navigation purposes. (Been using it for route planning for several years).
Today I went for a ride following a "there and back" 59.6 km pre-planned route. It all worked great, but during the ride several straight lines appeared radiating out from my start point to random point along the route. I have a picture of the screen - see the attached image.

A few points to note - I had nearly completed the ride, but the remaining section is not blue (not yet ridden), but red (ridden and recorded. The route itself is displayed correctly as are the metrics (distances ridden and remaining, etc). Just added 6x straight lines radiating out from the start point. Has anyone else experienced this effect? or have an explanation?
Old 02-19-23, 12:41 AM
sapporoguy

Bikes: 2000 Santana Sovereign SE; 2005 Co-Motion Speedster; Kona Kilauea with various dorky commuter accoutrements; Mercier Kilo TT fixie; Burley Fladbed trailer for groceries, bags of cement and the like.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 41 Posts
I’d email rwgps support. I’ve found them quick to respond and help.
Old 02-20-23, 06:01 PM
Kprentice

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Hi Adrian, Kevin from Ride with GPS here. Wanted to let you know that we just solved this Android issue last week in our latest release, version 3.1.5. Please head into the Play Store and update your app to 3.1.5! and this issue will be resolved for you. Any additional questions, please feel free to email our support team at info@ridewithgps.com