Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Rear bike rack that fits Decathlon's Riverside 500

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-22, 02:37 PM
Rewl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi I am wondering if anyone has the same bike as mine (Decathlon's Hybrid Bike Disc Brakes - RS 500 Grey/Red) and found a rear bike rack that fits them. I am planning to attach a pannier on mine but will not be carrying heavy load (less than 5kg, only stuff like towel, banana and power bank). The screw holes on this bike is abit awkward and I have tried buying Decathlon's rear bike rack and it doesn't fit . I was about to try a rack that can be clamped to the seat post but I realized there is not much space between my seat and the frame (~1.5 inch, the bike is probably too big for me), and most of the clamp I found online is around 2 inch thick. Thanks in advance!!
Old 01-03-23, 12:28 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 1,527 Times in 915 Posts
Originally Posted by Rewl
Hi I am wondering if anyone has the same bike as mine (Decathlon's Hybrid Bike Disc Brakes - RS 500 Grey/Red) and found a rear bike rack that fits them. I am planning to attach a pannier on mine but will not be carrying heavy load (less than 5kg, only stuff like towel, banana and power bank). The screw holes on this bike is abit awkward and I have tried buying Decathlon's rear bike rack and it doesn't fit . I was about to try a rack that can be clamped to the seat post but I realized there is not much space between my seat and the frame (~1.5 inch, the bike is probably too big for me), and most of the clamp I found online is around 2 inch thick. Thanks in advance!!
Have you tried contacting Decathlon? If anyone would know what fits, it would be them. Good luck.