Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

DT Swiss wheel upgrade?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

DT Swiss wheel upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-23, 04:09 PM
georges1
Steel is real

Bikes: 1992Giant Tourer,1992MeridaAlbon,1996Scapin,1998KonaKilaueua,1993Peugeot Prestige,1991RaleighTeamZ(to be upgraded),1998 Jamis Dragon,1992CTWallis(to be built),1998VettaTeam(to be built),1995Coppi(to be built),1993Grandis(to be built)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked 969 Times in 643 Posts
Originally Posted by Lombard
Anything by DT Swiss is better than anything by Mavic.

Requiring a freehub bushing lube every 2000 miles is ridiculous.

1600g for an alloy set at that price is pretty damn good. If you really need something lighter than that, these are a great bang for the buck:

https://bicyclewheelwarehouse.com/Ro...Wheel-Set.html
Older mavic like the Helium and the first Ksyrium are still very good wheels. Maybe the quality of Mavic today is not what it used to be some years ago. I still have my set of 1997 Mavic Cosmic Expert which hubs are in excellent condition. My two main mountain bikes have the mavic XM819 tubeless rims linked to DT 240s hubs. The 240s are very good and very reliable hubs.