Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Carbon seatpost catastrophe

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Carbon seatpost catastrophe

Old 02-23-23, 01:57 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10397 Post(s)
Liked 11,848 Times in 6,065 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Wait, you think it's a good idea to have a bike that isn't sized to your body and don't make fit adjustments?

That's not conformity, that's just sense. Now if you want to make cracks about paying someone to fit it....
I'm reasonably certain that even recumbents come in different sizes.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey:
Old 02-23-23, 02:57 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 7648 Post(s)
Liked 3,465 Times in 1,831 Posts
Originally Posted by 7up
I Hate carbon fiber ……… period.
Show me on this model bike where the carbon fiber touched you ....

People are Weird. I live in a word with massive injustice based on imaginary lines, favorable skin tones (which differ in different locales,) family history, accent and language, economic status, and gender where people will steal rather than earn and kill for just about any reason, where women often have to be careful never to be alone and men think they are stupid for fearing---except the guys who prey on women who they catch out and alone ..... where some people are so rich they have to pay other rich people to invent ways to get richer by changing laws, and at the same time, some people are so poor they literally have to pick through trash to find food. I live in a world where rich people can pay money to buy organs from poor people who cannot even afford health care ... a world in which one country kills political prisoners to order to supply organs for transplant ... a country where some governments are actually organized drug gangs, and some which use their armies to invade other countries which have done nothing aggressive.

And for some folks the big issue is manufacturing materials.

Yeah, I would definitely join a mob going out to lynch some carbon fiber ... that stuff is the bane of humanity ... everywhere here on Flat Earth.

This is not a denigrating diatribe ... it is parody done for humor's sake .... right?

Last edited by Maelochs; 02-23-23 at 03:13 PM. Reason: I type even worse than I think .... I think.
Likes For Maelochs:
Old 02-23-23, 02:57 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 7648 Post(s)
Liked 3,465 Times in 1,831 Posts
I love my peanut butter bikes but they really don't spread well on bread.
Likes For Maelochs:
Old 02-23-23, 03:09 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3942 Post(s)
Liked 7,279 Times in 2,940 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
Show me on this model bike where the carbon fiber touched you ....

People are Weird. I live in a word with massive injustice based on imaginary lines, favorable skin tones 9which differ in different locals,) family history, accent and language, economic stats, and gender , where people will steal rather than earn and kill for just about any reason, where women often have to be careful never to be alone and men think they are stupid for fearing---except the guys who prey on women who they catch out and alone ..... where some people are so rich they have to pay other rich people to invent ways to get richer by changing laws, and at the same time, some people are so poor they literally have to pick through trash to find food. I live in a world where rich people can pay money to by organs from poor people who cannot even afford health care ... a world in which one country kills political prisoners to order to supply organs for transplant ... a country where some governments are actually organized drug gangs, and some which use their armies to invade other countries which have don nothing aggressive.

And for some folks the big issue is manufacturing materials.

Yeah, I would definitely join a mob going out to lynch some carbon fiber ... that stuff is the bane of humanity ... everywhere here on Flat Earth.

This is not a denigrating diatribe ... it is parody done for humor's sake .... right?
Humor has no place on a bike forum -- this is serious stuff.
Old 02-23-23, 04:04 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4925 Post(s)
Liked 8,037 Times in 3,800 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
I love my peanut butter bikes but they really don't spread well on bread.
Peanut butter bikes ride smooth...or crunchy. Your choice.
Old 02-24-23, 06:28 AM
Lombard
Sock Puppet

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon, 2017 Jamis Renegade Exploit and too many others to mention.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 863 Times in 573 Posts
Originally Posted by 7up
I Hate carbon fiber ……… period.
I hate arguments about bike frame materials, period.