Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Help me identify this bike!

Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Old 10-14-22, 03:29 PM
polocamacho

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just snagged this bike and am wondering what it is. Crank is Sugino. I suspect it's a Pixel?
Old 10-14-22, 04:46 PM
JohnDThompson 
Old fart

Bikes: Several, mostly not name brands.

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 3582 Post(s)
Liked 3,394 Times in 1,928 Posts
Not much to go on, there…
Old 10-15-22, 11:10 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4330 Post(s)
Liked 3,949 Times in 2,641 Posts
It looks like a pretty generic bike probably bought online on one of the various sites that sell that stuff. Doesn't look like anything particularly special but like JohnDThompson said not much to go on.

What are you trying to get out of the question? Is it your bike, if so then just ride and don't worry you clearly didn't buy it new so warranty is long out the window and knowing what bike it is won't really help because if you under or overpaid you paid already and that money ain't coming back. If you are looking to purchase it then it could be helpful but is the bike comfortable does it do what you need it to do how is the fit on it, are the components in decent shape being lower cost components most likely is the seller asking a reasonable price for them and are you willing to pay that?

Sugino is a brand they make a whole lotta different cranks, they do generally make decent quality stuff but they also make some more low cost stuff so Sugino is an identifier of something that is at least semi-decent but not necessarily adding extra cost to the bike.
Old 10-15-22, 12:58 PM
TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1331 Post(s)
Liked 763 Times in 431 Posts
It's a Phixie.

Originally Posted by Dcv
I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel keeps getting longer - me

Last edited by TejanoTrackie; 10-15-22 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-15-22, 06:19 PM
polocamacho

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
What are you trying to get out of the question? Is it your bike, if so then just ride and don't worry you clearly didn't buy it new so warranty is long out the window and knowing what bike it is won't really help because if you under or overpaid you paid already and that money ain't coming back. If you are looking to purchase it then it could be helpful but is the bike comfortable does it do what you need it to do how is the fit on it, are the components in decent shape being lower cost components most likely is the seller asking a reasonable price for them and are you willing to pay that?
I just want to know what kind of bike it is. I'm a newbie, but I figure having this knowledge could inform other decisions I make related to it, like what components to buy, etc. It feels great, and I really enjoy riding it. If I know what kind of bike it is, perhaps I'll look into the company and keep an eye out if I'm ever in the market.
Old 10-15-22, 09:14 PM
Desert Ryder
Henderson, NV

Bikes: Trek Alpha 3700, GT STS DH, Raleigh Grand Prix, Fisher Montare, Fisher CR-7, Fisher Aquila, Diamondback Sorrento, The Bike Beat Revolution, KHS XC 504R

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 588 Times in 284 Posts
What's the decal on the downtube? Is the tubing all round or is it ovalized near the headtube?
zip ties for brake cables..??Fat looking fork for a fixie. Homebuilt?

Last edited by Desert Ryder; 10-15-22 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-15-22, 10:25 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4330 Post(s)
Liked 3,949 Times in 2,641 Posts
Originally Posted by polocamacho
I just want to know what kind of bike it is. I'm a newbie, but I figure having this knowledge could inform other decisions I make related to it, like what components to buy, etc. It feels great, and I really enjoy riding it. If I know what kind of bike it is, perhaps I'll look into the company and keep an eye out if I'm ever in the market.
It looks like a complete bike, no need to buy any components except maybe touch points to make it comfortable. Like I said it looks like a pretty generic mass market single speed but without a photo of the drive side the only side to take a photo of on most bikes it is tough to really narrow it down much.

Ride it, enjoy it and save up money for something that works better if you want to do that but don't invest a ton into this.