Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Serotta Davis Phinney 47cm! Columbus SLX

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Old 12-04-21, 11:14 AM
purebikes 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 24 Posts

**SOLD** Early 90's? Serotta Davis Phinney that has been repainted at some point. Measures 47cm center to center (19" center to top) with an approx 52 cm top tube center to center. This is the smallest high end frame I have ever come across so I know someone has been riding a 50cm just waiting for something smaller! the frame has definitely been repainted, but they did a decent job. The only real goof is on the fork where it looks like they didn't remove all of the fork sticker residue so it has a little wave in the paint. I tried to capture this in the pictures but it is kind of hard to see. There are also some paint chips but they are fairly minor. The frame has some cool features including the peaked seat cluster and the curved inner tange on the fork. Campagnolo dropouts and takes 700c wheels. This model has the curved left chain stay for heel clearance. The curve is slight but it is intentional and not bent. These smaller frames don't come around often so if you have been looking for one here it is! You will need a seat post bolt and dropout adjusters. Takes a 26.8 seatpost.

SOLD

Last edited by purebikes; 12-14-21 at 12:26 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 12-05-21, 01:33 AM
oceanhaitang
Haleakalacraterlove

Bikes: 1988 Bianchi Giro with full Campagnolo Victory Groupset

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
I’m no expert but doesn’t SLX tubes usually take 27.2mm seat post?
Old 12-05-21, 10:00 AM
purebikes 

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by oceanhaitang
I’m no expert but doesn’t SLX tubes usually take 27.2mm seat post?
Good point. The frame does have the helical
reinforcement on the downtube and the serial number indicates is as a Phinney. After looking at the catalog it says the downtube is SPX which might account for the seatpost size. My cheap digital calipers are showing the outside diameter of the seat tube to be +-28.9 with an inner diameter of +- 26.9 so maybe it is actually a 27mm seatpost. I do not have either size currently, but I will pick some up and see what works best.

Last edited by purebikes; 12-06-21 at 08:52 AM.