Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for headlight that mounts to gps mount

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-21, 02:44 AM
Lazyass

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2432 Post(s)
Liked 638 Times in 395 Posts

*edit*

Let me change my question. I think I'll buy a Niterider 900 with an adapter to mount it in a gps bracket. My Bryton mount is like the one below, looks like a Garmin. Will these three things below fit together?

Last edited by Lazyass; 09-15-21 at 03:43 AM.
Old 09-15-21, 05:56 AM
gpburdell

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked 196 Times in 130 Posts
Dunno about the Bryton and whether the go-pro style mount will attach underneath, but will you be leaving it on the bike all the time?

I'd suggest looking at the Garmin Varia UT800 front light - comes with a combo mount and the light detaches with a quarter-turn. (note - I don't have personal experience with this though, so YMMV)

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/04/...th-review.html

Likes For gpburdell:
Old 09-15-21, 08:43 PM
Bruizer

Bikes: Grazzini,Litespeed,and Pinarello

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 33 Posts
I have the Garmin UT -800 and Garmin head unit that I change between three bikes. One mount came with the light, one came with the head unit and I bought one separately. Light is supper bright and very easy to change between bikes.
Likes For Bruizer:
Old 09-16-21, 01:19 AM
Lazyass

Originally Posted by gpburdell
Dunno about the Bryton and whether the go-pro style mount will attach underneath, but will you be leaving it on the bike all the time?

I'd suggest looking at the Garmin Varia UT800 front light - comes with a combo mount and the light detaches with a quarter-turn. (note - I don't have personal experience with this though, so YMMV)

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/04/...th-review.html

Ok, thanks, it looks perfect. I'm also planning to get a Garmin head unit in the future so that's good.

Another edit. Competitive has it for $99. I watched a video review and the guy said it was over $200. There's three on ebay for almost $200. Is the one at CC what I want? It looks to have everything but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/g...mart-headlight

Last edited by Lazyass; 09-16-21 at 02:13 AM.
Old 09-16-21, 05:06 AM
gpburdell

Originally Posted by Lazyass
Ok, thanks, it looks perfect. I'm also planning to get a Garmin head unit in the future so that's good.

Another edit. Competitive has it for $99. I watched a video review and the guy said it was over $200. There's three on ebay for almost $200. Is the one at CC what I want? It looks to have everything but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/g...mart-headlight
MSRP at Garmin.com is $99 so I dunno why others are charging double that price. What you show from CC looks like the proper item.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/550821
Likes For gpburdell:
Old 09-16-21, 04:16 PM
Elvo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 206 Posts
Lumintop B01 - best light under $50 and can use your own batteries (up to 5000 mah)
Likes For Elvo:
Old 09-17-21, 02:24 PM
tgmcmonigle

Bikes: 2017 Giant Defy Advanced 2

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used an adapter similar to the top picture you posted for the computer mount, but for the light itself I used this one from Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It stays connected to the other mount, yet allows me to easily remove the light for charging or to stash in my pocket at stops, etc.
Old 09-17-21, 02:47 PM
gpburdell

Originally Posted by Lazyass
*edit*

Let me change my question. I think I'll buy a Niterider 900 with an adapter to mount it in a gps bracket. My Bryton mount is like the one below, looks like a Garmin. Will these three things below fit together?
That's gonna depend entirely on what's at the bottom of the Bryton and whether you can attach anything to it. Don't have one so can't offer any guidance.
Old 09-22-21, 02:34 AM
Lazyass

Update: I almost bought that Garmin and then I considered the fact I'll be using the light on all my other bikes and since the NR comes with a handlebar mount I ended up buying that. Plus I have hundreds of hours on my old NR lights and they've been 100% trouble free so I stayed with the brand.

Got the go pro adapter and bought a stem mount with a go pro attachment on amazon. It looks really nice and the light is awesome. The 900 mode is so bright I don't even use it. I keep it on 600 and when the sun is just starting to come up I go to the 300.

Likes For Lazyass:
Old 09-22-21, 06:18 AM
Bruizer

Bikes: Grazzini,Litespeed,and Pinarello

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 33 Posts
Nice set up. Looks great!