Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Wahoo Element v2 charging characteristics?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-22, 09:24 PM
Tomm Willians

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 264 Posts

I just received one of these tonight and have been working on setting it up but have one question I can’t seem to find an answer for. As it appears to be limited to 15 hours run time, if I were to plug it in to recharge during a very long ride, will it resume at the last point in my ride or start over ?

Last edited by Tomm Willians; 08-26-22 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-27-22, 01:20 PM
GGDaddy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Is that an ELEMNT ROAM or an ELEMNT BOLT? I don't know about ROAM, but confirm for BOLT: you can charge it during the ride and it will continue to function while charging.

I once did a 39 hour ride. Used a portable charger to top off my Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT v2 whenever needed. It recorded the entire ride continuously, and uploaded as a single ride/file to Strava.
Old 08-27-22, 01:50 PM
Tomm Willians

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 264 Posts
Originally Posted by GGDaddy
Is that an ELEMNT ROAM or an ELEMNT BOLT? I don't know about ROAM, but confirm for BOLT: you can charge it during the ride and it will continue to function while charging.

I once did a 39 hour ride. Used a portable charger to top off my Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT v2 whenever needed. It recorded the entire ride continuously, and uploaded as a single ride/file to Strava.
Sorry…. Bolt V2 like yours.
Likes For Tomm Willians:
Old 08-27-22, 05:59 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,733 Times in 1,009 Posts
original elemnt and the roam will function the same.