Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bianchi L'Eroica

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Bianchi L'Eroica

Old 09-27-22, 08:10 AM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3482 Post(s)
Liked 2,902 Times in 1,763 Posts
Bianchi L'Eroica

What do you guys make of this? Is this a new model? It keeps popping up in ads when I visit this site.

I'm definitely curious about it--do you think it's actually a high-quality frame? Or just sort of a gimmick? It looks pretty nice, with the chrome lugs and socks fore and aft. A pretty convincing retro group set (which one is shown?), without cable braze-ons. Looks like you can spec it with any number of Campagnolo or Shimano groups.

Is the price reasonable? https://www.bianchi.com/bike/campagnolo-10sp-compact/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
YLBJ8IAA_01-1.jpg (508.9 KB, 103 views)
Old 09-27-22, 08:15 AM
DiabloScott
It's MY mountain

Bikes: Klein, Merckx, Trek

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 4334 Post(s)
Liked 2,977 Times in 1,614 Posts
Originally Posted by smd4
What do you guys make of this?
No, it's not new... been around about 5 years, mostly the same.

I think if you buy one, you'll get a lot of interested people asking about it and admiring it; and a few people will snicker that it's too expensive and you could've gotten a "real" better vintage bike for cheaper.

I also think if you use the search function you'll se a dozen threads about this same subject, including some buyers with real reports.
Likes For DiabloScott:
Old 09-27-22, 08:24 AM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3482 Post(s)
Liked 2,902 Times in 1,763 Posts
Ah. Yes. The ads just starting popping up, so I thought it might be something new.

Please disregard this thread...
Old 09-27-22, 09:38 AM
Oldairhead 
RUSA #3100

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked 505 Times in 181 Posts
It's hard to understand why a bike that looks and rides so nice is disliked by so many! I've had this one since 2016, it's the #17th one built based on frame number.

Here it is as originally built.
https://utahrandonneur.wordpress.com...-leroica-bike/

Here it is modified later.
https://utahrandonneur.wordpress.com...anchi-leroica/
Old 09-27-22, 09:44 AM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 1635 Post(s)
Liked 823 Times in 532 Posts
Looks like at least, Bianchi got that top tube right.........unlike Raleigh......
Likes For Chombi1:
Old 09-27-22, 10:11 AM
Caliwild

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 279 Posts
I had one of these for a few years... loved the ride; it was a lot more responsive than any of my vintage steel bikes. It did great on several Eroica California rides. The gear range was amazing... Only sold it because someone liked it so much that they offered to buy it for the same amount I originally paid for it!
Likes For Caliwild:
Old 09-27-22, 12:02 PM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Quoted: 2152 Post(s)
Liked 3,401 Times in 1,203 Posts
I currently own two them- one a complete 57cm from 2016 and the other a spare 55cm frameset from 2017, both still in the box. Complete has the additional special Eroica commemorative Brooks saddle.Those are for my eldest grandson when he hits 16 in another nine years, which one depends on how tall he gets.

Had another 55cm frameset that I built up with vintage Campagnolo NR and donated to Eroica California for the 2018 auction. Real Deal framesets, made one at a time by hand. Ride nicely, as well as prettty much anything else. When I took the NR one into the LBS to have the steerer cut down, it got more attention and picture taking than anything else of mine. So, there’s that.
Old 09-27-22, 01:00 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 2336 Post(s)
Liked 2,803 Times in 1,532 Posts
Originally Posted by rccardr
I currently own two them- one a complete 57cm from 2016 and the other a spare 55cm frameset from 2017, both still in the box. Complete has the additional special Eroica commemorative Brooks saddle.Those are for my eldest grandson when he hits 16 in another nine years, which one depends on how tall he gets.

Had another 55cm frameset that I built up with vintage Campagnolo NR and donated to Eroica California for the 2018 auction. Real Deal framesets, made one at a time by hand. Ride nicely, as well as prettty much anything else. When I took the NR one into the LBS to have the steerer cut down, it got more attention and picture taking than anything else of mine. So, there’s that.
needless to say, you are an awesome granddad

Likes For squirtdad: