Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

CORNELO circa 1985 (Colnago?)

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

CORNELO circa 1985 (Colnago?)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-22, 11:18 AM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

Bikes: COLNAGOS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by le bici di jaco
Well I know I never made any assumptions regarding Colner in my statement (I mever even mentioned the marque). I wonder why you did not question the Colnago company regarding some of the questions which have been discussed on this forum and others aboit the actual history of Colner. Same with the Rauler name which the builders claim as their own without any tie-in to Colnago's name. Coniderering the ambiguity that rrnains on many Italian marques' histories and specifics, I will just leave it all as a big ? (except the Rauler name origin of course which is documented by the brothers Gozzi). I am certainly not "fighting" for my "fakes" since it is clear what the actual frames are; they were merely branded (original livery, not repainted/redecaled by secondary/tertiary sellers) by the end seller for their own purpose. One being a "Gizeta" sold by shop owned by Gianni Zuffi, but an obvious Patelli brother build. This was common in Italy with shop owners at the time. Of course many teams/riders rebranded frames to satisfy sponsors.
here’s another link , written by a collector l’ve met ( real deal only , no fakes) where he talks of the ‘bastard Italiaans’ , Belgian brands which bastardised their names to appear Italian. Shame you were unable to find this info for yourself , as is, I take everything you say with “a pinch of salt” , you are in no place to make demands of others on forums .
I’d focus on being able to write coherent posts before anything else if I was unfortunate enough to be in your shoes .

Ik heb echter ook een schuur vol met bastaard-Italianen. Ik heb daar niks tegen, want het zijn voor het merendeel fietsen van een goede kwaliteit, maar geen echte Italianen. Soms is de kwaliteit zo goed dat ik er in de beginjaren van mijn verzamelwoede nog wel eens ben ingetrapt.

Ik kan een hele waslijst van die merken opnoemen. Die is verre van compleet en ik hou me aanbevolen voor aanvullingen.
Daar gaan we: Cornelo van Kokke Sport uit St. Willebrord en Cera van Cees Raas uit ’s-Heerenhoek zijn heel bekende.”

source

https://wielersport.slogblog.nl/post/1/11361
Old 11-23-22, 12:26 PM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

“Brand name: Cornelo
In: St. Willebrord
Since: 1970s
Special: Had Ernesto Colnago in the circle of friends. That helps. The brand is named after son Corné and then a bit far-Italia”
source
https://haagsehangoren.wordpress.com...ntwintig-goed/
Likes For saarf:
Old 02-04-23, 12:44 PM
le bici di jaco
SAARF WAS WRONG!

Bikes: Colnago: Supers '79/'80, '81, '89 (Piu), '91/'92 (Piu); Mexico '82/'83. Basso "Gap" '84

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts
Apparently "Saarf" assumed that I did not already know the history regarding the Cornelo marque.
He has been unable to provide any information regarding the possibility of the frame being built by Colnago, or being built in collaboration with Colnago. I never assumed it to be; but the the jist of this thread was to shed any definitive light on that particular topic, and not on "fake Colnagos" (which this frame is not since is quite clearly identified as a Cornelo), nor my spelling ("atrocious" per "Saarf", more the proper term would have been horrendous) prowess which for "Saarf's" information is actually oustanding; excepting that when using a mobile device and having severe arthritis in my hands and not really caring about this thread since no answer was forthcoming to the initial query, I did not pay any attention to the script.
The only thing that seemed "atrocious" is "Saarf's" ego since all he needed to say was: "I do not know if the frame in question has any connection to being directly built by Colnago, or to being built in collaboration with Colnago, and I am ignorant on that subject"; which is exactly what he was, as am I still at this point in time.

I apologize if my physical disability caused anyone undue distress!

Last edited by le bici di jaco; 02-04-23 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-06-23, 12:21 AM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

Apparently "Saarf" assumed that I did not already know the history regarding the Cornelo marque.
He has been unable to provide any information regarding the possibility of the frame being built by Colnago, or being built in collaboration with Colnago. I never assumed it to be; but the the jist of this thread was to shed any definitive light on that particular topic, and not on "fake Colnagos" (which this frame is not since is quite clearly identified as a Cornelo), nor my spelling ("atrocious" per "Saarf", more the proper term would have been horrendous) prowess which for "Saarf's" information is actually oustanding; excepting that when using a mobile device and having severe arthritis in my hands and not really caring about this thread since no answer was forthcoming to the initial query, I did not pay any attention to the script.
The only thing that seemed "atrocious" is "Saarf's" ego since all he needed to say was: "I do not know if the frame in question has any connection to being directly built by Colnago, or to being built in collaboration with Colnago, and I am ignorant on that subject"; which is exactly what he was, as am I still at this point in time.

I hope it is considered a good frame be it Colnago made or not. Certainly a lot cheaper than a Colnago if it is indeed their handiwork as I hope the details will prove it to be.”
you stated Cornelo has Colnago lineage , it does not. Maybe the pain you are in has clouded your mind in being objective .

Last edited by saarf; 02-06-23 at 04:29 AM.
Old 02-06-23, 12:22 AM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

CORNELO circa 1985 (Colnago?)”

Perhaps your pain has inhibited your capacity to read as well..,
To answer your question , no , nothing to do with Colnago

bie
“Brand name: Cornelo
In: St. Willebrord
Since: 1970s
Special: Had Ernesto Colnago in the circle of friends. That helps. The brand is named after son Corné and then a bit far-Italia”
source
https://haagsehangoren.wordpress.com...ntwintig-goed/
Edit

He has been unable to provide any information regarding the possibility of the frame being built by Colnago, or being built in collaboration with Colnago.
there is no info because Colnago had nothing to do with it, you struggle intellectually to grasp this clearly .
Your neediness is quite staggering , you should ask questions you want answers to yourself, not depend on others . In the number of times I had had the honour of speaking with Sr Colnago, not a minute was wasted on pointlessness .

Last edited by saarf; 02-07-23 at 05:37 AM.
Old 02-06-23, 02:01 AM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

Originally Posted by fabiofarelli
Cornelo is a Dutch brand from Kokke Sport in St.Willebrord. Made in Italy (and or Belgium, maybe ..) and sprayed in Belgium. Kokke was a Colnago-retailer in the Netherlands.
They did some (semi)professional sponsoring.

this
Likes For saarf:
Old 02-06-23, 02:22 AM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

my spelling ("atrocious" per "Saarf", more the proper term would have been horrendous) prowess which for "Saarf's" information is actually oustanding;

Egotistical

I apologize if my physical disability caused anyone undue distress!”

apology accepted

re your spelling , if your physical impediment is stopping you waxing lyrical coherently and concisely every time your jealousy is triggered by my posts, use Siri or Alexa maybe?

Last edited by saarf; 02-06-23 at 06:02 AM.
Old 02-09-23, 03:25 AM
le bici di jaco
SAARF WAS WRONG!

Bikes: Colnago: Supers '79/'80, '81, '89 (Piu), '91/'92 (Piu); Mexico '82/'83. Basso "Gap" '84

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts
...He told me that the frame was made by Colnago for sale by the Dutch company Cornelo.... I hope it is considered a good frame be it Colnago made or not.
As usual "Saarf" makes assumptions. I never stated it to be a Colnago frame. I was told by the seller that it was, but I NEVER assumed it to be. Still no reference given as to his opinion of the Cornelo frame since of course we have seen previous mistakes made (see below).

I wonder if the Rauler name origin has been corrected by "_____" (name is not even worth mentioning again)?

See you folks in another year, by the way the Cornelo rides great; I would say the same as a Colnago Super from the 80s.
Old 02-09-23, 04:43 AM
kunsunoke 
spondylitis.org

Bikes: '84 Colnago Super; '90 Bridgestone MB-1; '81 Trek 930; '01 Cinelli Supercorsa; '62 Ideor Asso; '87 Tommasini Super Prestige; '13 Lynskey R2300; '84 Serotta Nova Special; '94 Litespeed Catalyst; etc.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 63 Posts
Old 02-12-23, 08:54 PM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

you assume Colnago in your post title clearly
“ I was told by the seller that it was, but I NEVER assumed it to be”
You are clearly confused , I suggest you change the post title .

As usual "Saarf" makes assumptions. I never stated it to be a Colnago frame. I was told by the seller that it was, but I NEVER assumed it to be. Still no reference given as to his opinion of the Cornelo frame since of course we have seen previous mistakes made (see

you assume Colnago in your post title clearly
“ I was told by the seller that it was, but I NEVER assumed it to be”
You are clearly confused , I suggest you change the post title .

See you folks in another year, by the way the Cornelo rides great; I would say the same as a Colnago Super from the 80s.

again assumption , you clearly have no experience riding the real thing .pity you can’t enjoy your bike for what it is , not what you aspire it to be, almost as pitiful as playing the ‘disability’ card to excuse your infantile spelling every time you have a knee jerk reaction to what you’ve been told.

l was with Ernesto for his 91st birthday last week , family invite . As your so keen on the brand , check out the party action here

https://saarf.london/2023/02/11/erne...e-cambiago-48/

good to see your spelling and grammar have improved , now just work on your ego and manners

Last edited by saarf; 02-13-23 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-13-23, 09:05 AM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

Here you are advised to contact Colnago , which you agree to . What’s stopping you asking your own questions now ? Does someone else tie your shoelaces?
Old 11-11-23, 11:59 AM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

“Saarf was wrong”

clearly not
Old 11-11-23, 12:02 PM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

Thanks unworthy1 ,

I certainly do not presume to know what builder made the frame. Even the seller made no definitive claim as to its origin (bought in Austria). The Dutch bike website implied that Cornelo frames were outsourced (Italy [Colnago?], and Belgium), and built up inhouse. Saarf states the bikes (presumably frame to complete bike) were made inhouse. Who knows if the stem was original from the Kokke shop or added later.

Did Colnago make their own BB shells, or were they outsourced and then cutout inhouse? I have no knowledge regarding that detail, only that they had various "Clubs" cutouts on most shells (I have seen examples of slotted shells also). If I get a Colnago, I believe I would ensure the shell has that feature as well as the lug cutouts.

There is a newly posted Colnago (I assume) on craigslist in my area, but no view of the BB shell; only 1 photo shown (poorly lit craiglist photo!). It appears to be a newer design (mid 80s?-00s?), but no reference as to a model. It is complete except for wheelset. I am considering buying since it is my size; but maybe too pricey at $700 (probably be gone soon anyways if I don't act quickly). I definitely need to sell the Rauler frameset if I purchase to keep the budget balanced. I will try to post the photo and see what others think as far as authenticity and value. It has Campy gear that I am not familiar with (can't really make out details). I asked for a BB shell bottom view and more photos from seller.

​​Bianchigirll Did I provide a proper paragraphical format?
not wrong
Old 11-11-23, 08:39 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,829 Times in 1,995 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
I have heard several people repeat the "Colnago made some (but not all) Cornelo frames" story, but I can't vouch for its veracity. There is also a US shop (I think in LA) that sold some bikes under its own branding that were supposedly made by Colnago.
Celo Europa. Marcel Calborn, Calborne?
Old 11-11-23, 11:11 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,829 Times in 1,995 Posts
Also came to mind, Carnevale - made for him by Medici… graphic font a total lift from Confente.
Old 11-12-23, 07:18 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4234 Post(s)
Liked 2,948 Times in 1,807 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
Celo Europa. Marcel Calborn, Calborne?
Yeah, I think that's the one I was thinking of.

Old 12-04-23, 02:04 PM
styggno1
Steel is real

Bikes: 40 - accumulated over 40 years

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked 1,081 Times in 303 Posts
The Colnago/Colner story is interesting. For those of you with (too much?) time on their hands but with an interest of reading about Colnago/Colners first years I wrote this earlier:

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...ke-moment.html

There is no doubt about - that in the beginning there were Colners made by Colnago. To the Ijsboerke team. Because of regulations on sponsoring more than one team. What happened later on with Colners sold to the public - of that I do not know anything.

Mine is a good example of what happened at that time. A Colnago branded frame with a Colner branded fork. Built for each other and not a later mis-match.

Edit and PS. It believe it is important to keep the brands Cornelo and Colner apart when discussing. As for Cornelo I have no knowledge at all. A Colnago made Colnago/Colner I own.

Last edited by styggno1; 12-04-23 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Adding info
Likes For styggno1:
Old 12-04-23, 02:42 PM
Erzulis Boat 
Le Crocodile

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked 787 Times in 311 Posts
Originally Posted by styggno1
The Colnago/Colner story is interesting. For those of you with (too much?) time on their hands but with an interest of reading about Colnago/Colners first years I wrote this earlier:

There is no doubt about - that in the beginning there were Colners made by Colnago. To the Ijsboerke team. Because of regulations on sponsoring more than one team. What happened later on with Colners sold to the public - of that I do not know anything.

Mine is a good example of what happened at that time. A Colnago branded frame with a Colner branded fork. Built for each other and not a later mis-match.
Wait a minute.........so Saarf IS wrong!
Old 12-08-23, 08:33 AM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

Edit and PS. It believe it is important to keep the brands Cornelo and Colner apart when discussing. As for Cornelo I have no knowledge at all. A Colnago made Colnago/Colner I own.

nice story , but not relative to this Cornelo wannabe Colnago thread
Old 12-08-23, 08:35 AM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

Originally Posted by Erzulis Boat
Wait a minute.........so Saarf IS wrong!
no you are
“Edit and PS. It believe it is important to keep the brands Cornelo and Colner apart when discussing. As for Cornelo I have no knowledge at all. A Colnago made Colnago/Colner I own.”

we are discussing Cornelo and bici di jaco’s pretense that he wishes it to be Colnago

Colnago has nothing to do with Cornelo
Old 12-08-23, 08:39 AM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

Old 12-08-23, 09:02 AM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

there is doubt Colner were “made by Colnago”
this highly regarded Italian states Colner was merely licensed by Colnago , and made by third parties
“Colner cycles (COLNago + ERnesto) was officially founded in 1974, the production of frames and distribution of complete bicycles was entrusted to Velosport, of San Lazzaro di Savena in the province of Bologna. The new brand gave Ernesto Colnago the possibility of racing with two teams at the same time, since 1974 the UCI in fact allowed the possibility of registering only one professional team per brand. The business model was instead that of a medium-high level bicycle line with a production completely independent of Colnago, to be placed on the market at a slightly lower price and with a different distribution, particularly in the regions of southern Italy.
The Colners, characterized by the symbol of the Ace of Spades, soon achieved considerable commercial success, so much so that Mario Martini di Lugo painted 700 of them in the first year alone. The bikes, built with Columbus SL tubes and equipped with Campagnolo groupsets, were of a high standard, very similar to their Colnago Super cousins ​​and, in some cases, even lighter, at least in the first years of production. The project was probably started by Colnago already one or two years earlier, in fact looms built before 1974 are known already with the ace of spades pantographed together with the Colnago clover, after the official presentation of the brand the two symbols were never placed side by side on the same frame.
Colner special Racing Team
In addition to the standard bikes, built and assembled externally to Colnago by artisans such as Romani di Parma, Technotube and Simoncini, Colner also offered tailor-made bikes for various teams, such as the Belgian Usboerke-Colner in '74/75 and the Italian Vibor in '77/78, for which the then rookie Visentini ran, as well as Boifava and Panizza.
These special frames were built and assembled by the expert hands of the Gozzi Brothers (Rauler) of Reggio Emilia and by Lupo Mascheroni.

Graeme Gilmore with Usboerke-Colner team shirt and Colner bike, the details of the conjunctions recall those produced by Gilardi”

source

https://www.frameteller.it/2016/03/31/colner/
Old 12-08-23, 09:03 AM
saarf
Jaco’s a jealous troll

Clear doubt Colnago made , just licensed

“Colner cycles (COLNago + ERnesto) was officially founded in 1974, the production of frames and distribution of complete bicycles was entrusted to Velosport”

Last edited by saarf; 12-08-23 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-09-23, 07:07 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
Somewhere up above in all this mess was a reference to Martelly making some of the bikes. Maybe that's the origin of the "Colnago" connection. Martelly certainly was making beautiful frames for awhile that could be mistaken for Colnago...

Old 12-09-23, 01:31 PM
chain_whipped

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 452 Times in 232 Posts
Eye, 'C' what duh confused C&V have become. A bunch of delightful campagnola. (translation; country girl)

Anyways, I have this pantographed earlier Chesini frameset of which they later changed font style. Also happened to have this old chainring in the 52t that I'm considering to change out from its 53t. Though it has this pantographed 'C' which might create conflict among you campagnola. Oh, what to do?! cenile crapolo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.