Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Help me, what is the value of a used Miele

Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Old 09-21-21, 06:29 AM
bobert2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am looking at a used Miele in Ottawa Canada. The seller is asking for 425 cad. He says the bike is in "showroom condition" and that it has only had 300km on it. The seller says the bike has full shimano 600 on it. I am going to test ride it today to see how it fits. I feel like the Miele is a bit expensive at 425 but the seller is firm. It does seem to be in decent condition from the pictures and I like the look. Is this price high? Someone else is willing to sell me a myata or bianchi with a kinda random collection of components on it (unknown model campagnolo deraileurs, shimano claris shifters and brakes) for 175 which is much more affordable for what will be a sort of inexpensive road bike I'm not afraid to lock up at school. Can't post photos as this is my first post.
Old 09-21-21, 08:30 AM
lostarchitect 
incazzare.

Bikes: See sig

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 38 Posts
It depends on the specific bike and the condition, so it's impossible to say without photos. You could try posting the link to the sale, and just remove the periods from the link so the forum lets you post it.
Old 09-21-21, 08:43 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked 1,726 Times in 950 Posts
The price may be right on target. It's hard to know without more information. The manufacturers always had tiers of production. Do you know the brand designation for the ones you are looking at?

For $175 they can be great, if the Miyata is a Pro, Team, jump up and buy. The 1000, 912, 712 are very fine as well.

Same for the Bianchi, many different models.
Old 09-21-21, 12:05 PM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
I hope it isn't this one...

Ottawa
80's Vintage Miele road bike. Shimano 600 SIS RD - 6208 One of my favourite bikes I've ever ridden. Lots of history but time to let it go. New tires, hardly used. Rebuild the back wheel last summer. Tuned regularly, other than tired all original parts, I still have the original pedals as well. Only issue is the fork seems to have a slight bend because it pulls to one side a little bit while riding $400 obo

To be fair, the seller has lowered the price to $300.00 due to lack of interest I suppose. But even so, $300 for a bike that pulls to one side? Really?
Old 09-23-21, 08:45 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Ottawa is an expensive market. The bicycle is a 1986-1987 Miele Beta. If this was in good, ready to ride condition, I'd say the price would be fair. However, this one is high wear and has has probably been crashed, giving the pulling to one side. While it can likely be re-aligned, it won't be cheap. This would be an easy pass, even at the reduced $300 CDN.
Old 09-26-21, 03:49 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2924 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
Is there a link I’m not seeing?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 09-27-21, 04:10 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Is there a link I’m not seeing?
Not that I've seen in this thread. Also it looks like another one-post Newbie.

I think what some here did was look at Ottawa Kijiji and guess if the bike they saw was the same one the OP posted about.

Cheers
Old 09-28-21, 11:00 AM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked 844 Times in 408 Posts
I'd hesitate to "lock up at school" anything above $250, regardless. Statistics are wildly against you in that environment. Yes, even in Canada.