Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bridgestone X02 in Minneapolis

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-21, 01:01 PM
jwats

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Bridgestone X02 in Minneapolis

This bike appears to be a good condition and frequently serviced. The Rack and bag are not included. The owner now has a disability and can no longer ride.
I could probably buy it for $275-300.
I'm not looking for a killer deal, do you think this an average or better price?

Old 09-27-21, 01:18 PM
jwats

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I was told by the wife of the owner this was a " Special Edition" , but she had no details and he is not able to remember now. Does anyone know if this is true?
Old 09-27-21, 01:55 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
No, it's not a special edition. The price is likely reasonable given that (a) it's a Bridgestone and they do command a premium and (b) you're in Minneapolis. That said, this is not, IMO, one of the better XOs as those had a real fork crown (not a unicorn fork) and I believe (and I could be wrong) that the geometry was a bit different on these and not quite as well suited for riding with drops. But I'm working off memory here and the B'stone catalogs are available online and will answer these questions. That said, that's not a lot to ask for a lovely old Bridgestone. These are fine bikes. Just ignore the Grant Peterson haters on BF.

The suspension stem should be an aftermarket item but GP did spec them on some of his MTBs.
Old 09-27-21, 03:58 PM
jwats

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Here is an X0 4 for less money, but the condition does not seem as good...Which would you pick? This one is roughly $100 less, but money is not a big issue
Old 09-28-21, 06:32 AM
Paul Waque 

Bikes: Road: 1972 Raleigh Competition,1989 Marinoni, 1990 Limongi. MTN: 1990 GT Team Avalanche, 1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard, GT Team RTS , Rocky Mountain MSL 50 Element, CCM fat bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 50 Posts
The XO-2 with the cool mustache bars is more unique. The 700 ties on the 4 give you more tire choice, parts are a step down.i would ask seller of the XO-2 if they have original seat post, and stem if it is a replacement.
Old 09-30-21, 07:47 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 812 Times in 613 Posts
IMO, the XO2 is a steal (now, at least).

Last edited by 2old; 10-01-21 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-30-21, 12:09 PM
jwats

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I ended up buying it from the original owner. Well maintained and great shape. I paid $270 which seemed to me to be a good deal. Not a steal, but there are not many of these, especially in this condition

Thanks to all for help along the way

John
Likes For jwats: