Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

CF Ridley Fenix on Wahoo Kicker Snap

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-21, 08:12 AM
Digger6255

Bikes: CAAD13 Disc, Ridley Fenix, Electra Lux 7D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

I have been using this with Sufferfest since recovering from knee surgery. I love outdoor riding but always "just rode" with no specific goals other possibly a given distance. I am following one of Sufferfest training plans and it is really forcing me to go much higher cadence that I am used to so I feel more efficient than ever. I've never followed a cycling training plan but I am really enjoying building my cycling performance.

My question: I've read the doomsday stories of CF bikes breaking on the trainer etc. Are there any real world experiences with this other than one I read one on here who seemed to break bikes no matter where he rode, stored or even looked at his bike...

Bottom line I plan on staying on the trainer until next spring so is my bike safe? I looked at getting a used bike off craigslist but with all the shortages of inventory, people are asking stupid prices for even basic road bikes.
Old 08-26-21, 09:28 AM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
It will depend on how hard you ride indoors. A CF bike on a trainer is not a great idea. As the bike is in a constrained position. Compared to riding outdoors. People tend to flex the frames of the bikes in ways that they would not in IRL.
Likes For Ed Wiser:
Old 08-26-21, 09:41 AM
Digger6255

Bikes: CAAD13 Disc, Ridley Fenix, Electra Lux 7D

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
I just saw a CAAD 9 pop up for $650 on CL with Dura Ace 10spd. I may offer $500 and see what happens. It looks like a decent bike.