Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > Want To Buy
Reload this Page >

Bar end shifters - 2x6, 2x7, or 2x8

Notices
Want To Buy Looking to buy bicycle related gear? Post your request here. Requires upgraded membership to post new threads

Old 09-15-21, 12:08 PM
brennie 

Bikes: Specialized Sequoia (3Rensho), Mercian, Miyata TripleCross, Specialized StreetStomper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts

I'm building a touring bike from a Miyata TripleCross frame with a Suntour Sprint groupset. It's looking amazing and the only thing it's missing is bar end shifters. If you have 2x6, 2x7, or 2x8 bar end shifters that you're willing to sell, please let me know!

Thank you
Old 09-19-21, 12:17 PM
Gaff

Bikes: Chiorda, Gitane, Trek 420, Trek 410, Trek 920, Trek 1100, Miyata One Thousand, Bridgestone XO-4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts
I have a set of Suntour Barcons. Purchased as NOS. These were mounted on a bike for a day. They did not suit the particular build and were taken off. Includes the original unused cables and spring cable housing. Asking $95.00. I will cover shipping.
Old 09-19-21, 12:23 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5885 Post(s)
Liked 3,468 Times in 2,078 Posts
Originally Posted by brennie
I'm building a touring bike from a Miyata TripleCross frame with a Suntour Sprint groupset. It's looking amazing and the only thing it's missing is bar end shifters. If you have 2x6, 2x7, or 2x8 bar end shifters that you're willing to sell, please let me know!

Thank you
It can be a little tough indexing with suntour. It can be done but it is not as straightforward as with shimano. I have three suggestions.

First, consider friction. A good friction bar end works remarkably well and suntour made a great one.

Second, put up a WTB in the C&V forum. Plenty of folks sell them there and they tend to go for $40-$50 (these will be used obviously not NOS and NOS tends to command a premium over used for obvious reasons).

Third, you can buy racheting bar ends new. Dia compe makes them and they are very good. https://www.ebay.com/itm/36301337506...AaAmgBEALw_wcB