Search
Notices
Long Distance Competition/Ultracycling, Randonneuring and Endurance Cycling Do you enjoy centuries, double centuries, brevets, randonnees, and 24-hour time trials? Share ride reports, and exchange training, equipment, and nutrition information specific to long distance cycling. This isn't for tours, this is for endurance events cycling

Safety vest sizing on RUSA website

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-16, 05:44 PM
falconsusi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Safety vest sizing on RUSA website

So I want to be part of the crowd now that I am a randonneur. There is no information on the sizing of the basic or the really nice safety vest on RUSA website. Can anyone enlighten me on the sizing chest wise on both/either of these vests?

I had only a day before the event to get a vest and I got a basic Lowes hardware store vest and it was really baggy so I need a vest that fits. I am not a skinny girl, but I know the jersey with a 40 chest (L) will fit me.

And if you know how the sizing on the wind vest runs tell me that, too. They are out of stock on the large of the wind vest.

Thanks, Susan #11213
Old 03-21-16, 10:24 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,696 Times in 2,517 Posts
Susan,
I would email the person running the store about sizing. Maybe they can refer you to someone
Old 03-22-16, 08:45 AM
jbithaca

Bikes: Fuji Jari Carbon 1.1, Honey Winterando (made by Seven), Litespeed Arenberg

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by falconsusi
So I want to be part of the crowd now that I am a randonneur. There is no information on the sizing of the basic or the really nice safety vest on RUSA website. Can anyone enlighten me on the sizing chest wise on both/either of these vests?

I had only a day before the event to get a vest and I got a basic Lowes hardware store vest and it was really baggy so I need a vest that fits. I am not a skinny girl, but I know the jersey with a 40 chest (L) will fit me.

And if you know how the sizing on the wind vest runs tell me that, too. They are out of stock on the large of the wind vest.

Thanks, Susan #11213
Susan:

I bought the really nice vest. It is made by VO Max. I have a 40" chest and a size medium fits fine with room for layers underneath. It has two rear pockets and looks a bit different than the one on the RUSA site which is a European made one. It is bright yellow, not the more subdued orange one pictured.

Hope this helps.

Jim
Old 03-22-16, 09:31 AM
antimonysarah

Bikes: Nishiki Bel-Air, Brompton P6L, Seven Resolute SLX, Co-motion Divide, Xtracycle RFA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by falconsusi

Thanks, Susan #11213
Pretty sure the RUSA vest is a custom L2S vest. I know (from trying on a friend's) that the XXL is a bit big on my 44" chest but I couldn't tell if it was so big that an XL would fit.

A bit of searching yielded this PDF for the sizing for a different non-customized version of that vest.

https://www.boutique-velo.com/images/rayons/pdf/l2s.pdf

101 cm (40") is on the small end of the L and just barely over the max on the M; you might want to try the medium. Also, IIRC the PBP vests are from the same manufacturer, so you might ask around your local club if they have a mailing list; someone may have one you can try on.
Old 03-22-16, 03:54 PM
jbithaca

Bikes: Fuji Jari Carbon 1.1, Honey Winterando (made by Seven), Litespeed Arenberg

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by antimonysarah
Pretty sure the RUSA vest is a custom L2S vest. I know (from trying on a friend's) that the XXL is a bit big on my 44" chest but I couldn't tell if it was so big that an XL would fit.

A bit of searching yielded this PDF for the sizing for a different non-customized version of that vest.

https://www.boutique-velo.com/images/rayons/pdf/l2s.pdf

101 cm (40") is on the small end of the L and just barely over the max on the M; you might want to try the medium. Also, IIRC the PBP vests are from the same manufacturer, so you might ask around your local club if they have a mailing list; someone may have one you can try on.
I was expecting the L2S vest also. The one I bought in late November from the RUSA store was VO Max. Wore it this afternoon for my ride.
Old 03-23-16, 02:57 PM
antimonysarah

Bikes: Nishiki Bel-Air, Brompton P6L, Seven Resolute SLX, Co-motion Divide, Xtracycle RFA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by jbithaca
I was expecting the L2S vest also. The one I bought in late November from the RUSA store was VO Max. Wore it this afternoon for my ride.
I stand corrected, then. The one I saw in-person was bought a year or more ago, and the picture on the RUSA site hasn't changed. Weird. Guess you'll need to talk to RUSA then.