Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Winter Cycling
Reload this Page >

Name that animal

Search
Notices
Winter Cycling Don't let snow and ice discourage you this winter. The key element to year-round cycling is proper attire! Check out this winter cycling forum to chat with other ice bike fanatics.

Name that animal

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-22, 03:56 PM
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good

Bikes: Zipp2001 Carbon Belt Drive SS, Kestrel RT900SL, Kestrel KM40 Airfoil 1x10, Orbea Occam H30, Trek Stache 5 29 Plus, Giant Yukon 2 Fat Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 870 Times in 443 Posts
Name that animal

I've been riding out in these woods during winter for about eight years now. This is the first time that I have seen animal tracks like these. What a very cool looking track they leave.
Likes For ZIPP2001:
Old 01-10-22, 05:16 PM
Thulsadoom

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac Expert, 2002 TREK 520, Schwinn Mesa WINTER BIKE, Huffy Rock Creek 29er, 1970s-era Ross ten speed. All my bikes are highly modified(except the Tarmac) yet functional, and generally look beat to ****. .

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 51 Posts
That's almost certainly the tracks of a Wobbly Wombat. Not to be confused with the Weebly Woodrat, which is not native to the Northeastern US. The Wobbly Wombat, known aficianados of Rap music, usually leave a pronounced and curved trail while walking only on their back legs and jiving to some Jay-Z or old classic Snoop Dogg. They have excellent night vision. They are mostly placid creatures, but have been known to be aggressive when cornered, threatened or with their young.

Last edited by Thulsadoom; 01-10-22 at 05:37 PM.
Likes For Thulsadoom: