Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Best handlebar for Brompton?

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 05-20-22, 07:14 AM
Dwiptr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

halo,can you guys give me some recommendation for good quality handlebar for brompton?
Old 05-20-22, 08:26 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6163 Post(s)
Liked 4,780 Times in 3,298 Posts
I'd go with any brand that fits the bike and is what you want them to look like as well as the price you are willing to pay. Avoid the cheapest things that you can't trace back to the manufacturer with their own website and physical address.

What means quality to you?
Likes For Iride01:
Old 05-20-22, 01:06 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4323 Post(s)
Liked 3,944 Times in 2,637 Posts
There is a folding bike sub-forum here you might want to post in once you figure out what you are looking for.

You cannot come to someone and say, I want stuff what stuff should I get. You have to have some specifics of what you are looking for in that stuff and maybe more about yourself and what you are doing. Is there something wrong with your old stuff and what is it?
Old 05-23-22, 10:08 AM
Parkyy16

Bikes: All steel... Breadwinner, Ritchey, Soma, VO, etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 25 Posts
If you're wanting more rise from the bars, you could go to the Brompton M bars. If you want less rise, you can go to the Brompton S bars. If you want middle of the road, you can get the Joseph Kuosac's mid-rise bars.
I saw a brompton with swept back bars from Velo Orange(the Tourist bars). I don't know if that specific one will hinder with folding, but it looked nice and comfortable.

You could ask a brompton specific forum and you'd probably get more answers, but you need to provide more details and what you currently have, what's working, what's not working, and why you're wanting to change.

Just remember that you can get almost any 25.4mm bars on the brompton, but if you go too wide in the length of the bars, you'll run into issues with folding the handlebar down. You can mitigate some of it with a rack, offset for the wheels, bigger easy wheels, and etc, but there's a limit.