Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Zwift:HUB indoor trainer with cassette $499

Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Zwift:HUB indoor trainer with cassette $499

Old 11-17-22, 03:30 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4274 Post(s)
Liked 4,714 Times in 2,911 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
2nd gen kickr had a large number of online complaints. And there were a number of people that just kept getting bad units. But in the end, wahoo made everyone happy, I think. So it really depends on how zwift handles warranty problems. It seems unlikely that zwift will be stopped from selling units. Now, maybe if computrainer sued both of them or something.
There were a few teething troubles with the Kickr Bike as well, but Wahoo customer service (in UK) was excellent. I had a problem with the brifters on mine and they sent me an entire new bar assembly by next day courier. I only took the risk of buying the bike (knowing there were issues reported on the forums at the time) because feedback on customer service was so good.
Old 01-12-23, 05:00 AM
rivers

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 79 Posts
I recently purchased the Zwift Hub- massive upgrade from my wheel on trainer (which was also a smart trainer). I dual recorded a zwift ride yesterday using the hub and my favero assioma single sided pedals. For the most part, they tracked within a couple of watts of each other. The Zwift Hub over-read by about 10-15 watts if I dropped below 50 watts (gently pedalling on a decline). My pedals over-read massively (by about 90 watts) on the first pedal stroke after coming to a stop. This is probably due to the fact I lead with my left leg, so tend to push off quite hard with my first pedal stroke, and being single sided, doubles the power on that leg.
It was super simple to set-up, but I am mechanically and technically inclined. Tip for those who aren't- pair it to the companion app first and do the firmware update.