Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Back into biking after a long hiatus

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-22, 04:05 PM
ralphs

Bikes: 2001 Trek 7200, GT Avalanche, and more

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 135 Times in 65 Posts

Rode a lot back in the early 70s to mid 90s, then just stopped riding. Fast-forward to 2019 when in-laws moved near a bike path. Picked up a pair of 2002 Trek 7100 Multitracks for me and the wife. Both bikes were little-used and in very good condition. Cleaned them up, new brake pads, and lubed the chains and we were off. Wife wanted a step-through, so I picked up an old Jamis Citizen for her. I joined in early 2021, as I found myself visiting often for information on bikes I was finding on CL or FBM. Things snowballed from there. Unfortunately, I can’t pass up a good deal.

To keep a long story relatively short- the stable now stands at: two Trek 7100 Multitracks, Jamis Citizen, Trek 7200 Multitrack, Jamis Coda, two Raleigh M50, GT Avalanche, Specialized Hard Rock, Marin Sausalito, two Trek 930 Singletracks, Mongoose Crossway 350, Windsor Super Carrera, 1999 Mongoose NX7.1, and a 2001 Raleigh MB4. Prices for the used bikes have varied from $10 to $80. I purchased two of the bikes new: one of the 930s is a 1991 all-original, and the Windsor was purchased new sometime in the mid 80s. I've also flipped a few bikes over the past year.

I try to keep a half-dozen bikes at the in-laws’ for others to ride. The balance of bikes is at my house for wife and me (and family when visiting).

I’m amazed at the knowledge base the members possess. I also admit I got lost in the Multitrack pictures forum for a day or so. Looking forward to posting pictures of our 7100s on the bike path on the Cape.
Likes For ralphs:
Old 09-08-22, 06:41 PM
Desert Ryder
Henderson, NV

Bikes: Trek Alpha 3700, GT STS DH, Raleigh Grand Prix, Fisher Montare, Fisher CR-7, Fisher Aquila, Diamondback Sorrento, The Bike Beat Revolution, KHS XC 504R

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 589 Times in 285 Posts
Welcome back to riding.
I too rode from the late 70's till 2007. I came back to riding in the past couple of years.
Hoping for cooler weather here in the desert to log more miles.
Old 09-09-22, 01:39 AM
carbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome back

Welcome! Nice to meet you!