Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

CCM and SixThreeZero Bikes?

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-21, 10:55 PM
Ishamael

Bikes: 1987 Nishiki International, 198(?) Kuwahara Apollo Sierra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Hi all,
A targeted ad (get out of my head, Google!) showed me a CCM City Bike that Canadian Tire is currently offering on clearance. I've been reading up a lot on the history of CCM recently and so I was somewhat struck by the vintage inspired look of it, as opposed to trying to look like a downhill bike like most department store bikes do. It's the CCM Men's Munich City Bike, 700cc.

Trying to find out a little more about it, I came across SixThreeZero bikes out of the US, and noticed a striking similarity to their Ride in the Park bike.

Would 630 have made these bikes for CCM, or are they both be sourcing them through another manufacturer? Inquiring minds need to know.

Sorry for the lack of details, but I'm still in newbie prison, so I can't post pictures or links yet.
Old 09-03-21, 06:53 PM
Ishamael

Bikes: 1987 Nishiki International, 198(?) Kuwahara Apollo Sierra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
I thought I'd just circle back to this to see if anyone had any insights. Here are the bikes in question.

I know CCM is just a name that is licensed at this point, but it's interesting that they would have a company like SixThreeZero make the bikes for them....Unless again both company's happen to be using the same manufacturer. T-Mar You seem to be pretty stuffed with CCM knowledge, though I'm sure you're more interested in the vintage stuff - thoughts?
Old 09-04-21, 07:27 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1444 Post(s)
Liked 761 Times in 569 Posts
I don't know either of these brands off hand, but I'd be pretty certain that both brands are applying their names to contract-sourced frames. Perhaps they really are the same frame and both companies are working together to get better pricing. Perhaps they're totally separate and happen to be purchasing the same off-the-shelf frame from a frame supplier.

It's hard to tell, but it looks like the 630 frame uses full length shift cable housing clipped to eyelets on the down tube, whereas the CCM frame uses cable housing stops and has bare shift cable running down the down tube. It also appears that the brake housing cable stops are on the drive side on the 630 frame and on the non-drive side on the CCM frame. The 630 frame also lacks the brake posts that the CCM frame has. So the pictured two frames seem to have enough differences to indicate they're at least different frame models -- but they could still come from the same supplier.
Likes For hokiefyd:
Old 10-25-21, 05:00 PM
restlessswind

Bikes: 2017 Surly Cross-Check. 2020 Specialized Turbo Vado 3.0, 2002 GT Dyno Roadster, 2002 Rans Stratus, 2020 Giant Fathom 2, 2011 Trek Pure Sport

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 62 Posts
Although the 2 bikes are the same style, the frames are completely different, just by looking at all the mounting bosses..