Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Pinarello Rescue

Old 01-18-22, 12:09 PM
guy1138

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 51 Posts
Pinarello Rescue

Picked this one up, and it's my size for once!. Looks sound except for one dent on he seat tube, where someone probably mounted one of those terrible U-lock brackets. Paint is definitely rough, it looks like someone used white-out to paint the lugs (and shift levers, wtf?!?), and that replacement fork is way out of place. Still, it's my size, and has with a full Shimano 600 (6207) group, minus the brake levers, and an 8-speed rear wheel. Going to check out the bike co-op and see if they have a threaded lugged fork that fits. If not, this may be the one I take full Neo-retro with a carbon fork and Ultegra 10 speed.

If anybody knows that year or model, I'd love to hear it! Seller thought it was an 84.

Likes For guy1138:
Old 01-27-22, 02:23 PM
NitroExpress

Bikes: 1974 Mirella ~ Campy Record Group, 1985 Maruishi Mountain Ace 18, 1999 Waterford 2200, 2023 Poseidon X Ambition (with lots of upgrades)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 23 Posts
I know a lot of people would yell at me, but I would have the frame powder coated and do exactly what you said, full Neo-retro with a carbon fork and Ultegra 10 speed!
Old 01-29-22, 10:12 AM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 2,374 Times in 890 Posts
Nice snag! Are the tires 28x700? Tight squeeze!