Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Opinion on which frame size to get....

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Opinion on which frame size to get....

Old 01-06-22, 05:34 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7, Trek Emonda ALR, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked 1,666 Times in 980 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
'Overused'? What does that mean? Does it complain bitterly on steep climbs? Does it go home to lie down before you are done riding? Does your frame wake up all achy the day after a hard ride?

I've seen bf posters make all kinds of excuses for wanting new bikes, but this is a new one.
any excuse is a good excuse !

Old 01-06-22, 06:40 PM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1722 Post(s)
Liked 1,272 Times in 734 Posts
OP...I don't know what this means..."I know the 54 could me made to work but would require adjustments as well."
Old 01-15-22, 06:07 PM
BeetleJuice
CyclingBrian

Bikes: Ti bike, Scott. Scott, Fuji, framed and an ebike I never use.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bruce19
OP...I don't know what this means..."I know the 54 could me made to work but would require adjustments as well."
What I meant by that statement was, taller seat post, more spacers (stem cut to compensate), increase the angle of the stem, get a longer stem, etc.
In all that 54 (or 56) would not work at all for me. I now have my Stack, Reach and stand over clearly defined. Currently there is a 56 Roubaix Comp that's perfect for me BUT no stock and/or delivery is > 13 months out. Also prices are jacked (supply and demand).